Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

On 3/29/2022 at 11:03 AM, Eddy Gordo said:

Indeed, but it could of happened any where. Like walking and tripping resulting in a broken something.

I blame myself for what happened, due to not taking note where I am going. I dont mind the falls and bruises. Just dont like braking something.

I am back!!!! there is some tingling in my fingerlings!!

I can make a strong fist but not open it yet. Recovery has started, got some hand exercises to do.

The radial head had to be replaced. It was actually in 6 pieces

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

I can make a strong fist but not open it yet. Recovery has started, got some hand exercises to do.

I don't think that's what they meant when they said go big, or go home.

good luck with the recovery

I wear knee guards religiously!!

IMG_20220330_183837.jpg.30cb8829b156503bff919db77d515947.jpg

This mini shin guard saved my upper shin big time. I dont even have bruising after impact and sliding on brick size rocks for a good few meters . Now if I only had the elbow guards on, which I Electively chose to leave.

The bike looks like it didnt take any damage. Will only be able to tell on a thorough inspection, but it freewheeled me back to the car just fine and no noises. Thanks for asking!!!!🤣

3 hours ago, Eddy Gordo said:

I think this deserves some pictures...

14 hours ago, MORNE said:

it's been 36 minutes.......

so is the bike fine?

I gave it a once over. no leaks. South Enduro wheels still solid! changes gears. Hard to do things with one hand.

23 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

I gave it a once over. no leaks. South Enduro wheels still solid! changes gears. Hard to do things with one hand.

When i came of mine, blood was gushing everywhere with a zipped open face, my shoulder was out, my legs were bleeding and my shirt in pieces.
I sat up, marched up the embankment to where the bike was lying still, picked it up with my working arm…and checked for scratches.

Only after confirming bike was OK….did i realise I wasnt. But bike was OK.

Get your priorities sorted!

🤣🤣

ps: i even let my wife drive us home first to drop the bike off before going to the ER and later plastic surgeon haha. Bike was OK😅. Around then was when the adrenalin wore off and the pain started lol!

Edited by MORNE

26 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

I still have to get the xrays. 

I may regret asking to see that

Hope you are on the mend and make a full recovery
Do all the rehab that they give you. Hurts like hell, but worth it in the long run.

20 minutes ago, MORNE said:

When i came of mine, blood was gushing everywhere with a zipped open face, my shoulder was out, my legs were bleeding and my shirt in pieces.
I sat up, marched up the embankment to where the bike was lying still, picked it up with my working arm…and checked for scratches.

Only after confirming bike was OK….did i realise I wasnt. But bike was OK.

Get your priorities sorted!

🤣🤣

ps: i even let my wife drive us home first to drop the bike off before going to the ER and later plastic surgeon haha. Bike was OK😅. Around then was when the adrenalin wore off and the pain started lol!

Naa I did that before rolling back to the car. But I wont be happy until I am fully convinced.  I need to pull the van out the garage an get the bike on the stand. But so far everything seems fine. I want to check the crank and derailleur alignment as well as tracking.

15 minutes ago, splat said:

I may regret asking to see that

Hope you are on the mend and make a full recovery
Do all the rehab that they give you. Hurts like hell, but worth it in the long run.

I can already move my arm, have to do this 5 times a day as well as wrist and finger exercises, assisted that is. Still waiting on the theatre drugs to wear off. Probably gonna pain like hell. I got targinact and oxynorm.

On 3/29/2022 at 11:03 AM, Eddy Gordo said:

Indeed, but it could of happened any where. Like walking and tripping resulting in a broken something.

I blame myself for what happened, due to not taking note where I am going. I dont mind the falls and bruises. Just dont like braking something.

sorry to hear bud, where it happen and how? All best on the recovery

i came off on tokai dh3 about 3 weeks ago, OTB, helmet smashed, concussed, radius and ulna smashed too.

Ti plate inserted - now the agony of 12 weeks of no riding

1 hour ago, Eddy Gordo said:

I can already move my arm, have to do this 5 times a day as well as wrist and finger exercises, assisted that is. Still waiting on the theatre drugs to wear off. Probably gonna pain like hell. I got targinact and oxynorm.

exact same boat as you, physio is painful, sleeping is crap and these weird aches and pains all up the arm

Bike all fine tho, drove myself home too, dropped bike and then to hospital.

Screenshot_20220331-123112_Gallery.jpg