Jump to content

Where has your bike taken you today?


An3

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 'Dale

    2059

  • DJR

    1598

  • Frosty

    1197

  • ChrisF

    916

Top Posters In This Topic

The Swartberg Pass runs over the Swartberg mountain range which runs roughly east–west along the northern edge of the semi-arid area called the Little Karoo The construction of the Swartberg pass was started under the guidance of Jan Tassies who used 100 workers from Mozambique. After 13 months he went bankrupt and only completed 6 km of the road. The rest of the pass was built between 1883 and 1888 by Thomas Bain, son of the famous Andrew Geddes Bain who built Bain's Kloof Pass and many more. It followed their earlier construction of another pass in 1858, the Meiringspoort, through the same mountains but further east.

- Wikipedia

IMG_8119.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Solo. Adventure. Mountains. Bliss.

IMG_8074.jpeg

Great to see you out & about and exploring @Prince Albert Cycles valley. Swartberg Pass my ultimate favourite climb in the country.

Also visited recently, great pics but I must confess I don't think the brown filters do the area quite justice, I have never seen the area so green in my life! May it last for a while!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Skubarra said:

Great to see you out & about and exploring @Prince Albert Cycles valley. Swartberg Pass my ultimate favourite climb in the country.

Also visited recently, great pics but I must confess I don't think the brown filters do the area quite justice, I have never seen the area so green in my life! May it last for a while!

 

My beautiful country in the header of winter. 💟
My 5 hr ride started at 0 degrees in Prins Albert and ended at lunch time in Oudsthoorn at 24 degrees.

#nofilter

IMG_8097.jpeg

IMG_8069.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately not today or yesterday because riding in this weather would be nuts but rather Saturday morning along Clarence Drive. What a beaut of a day it turned out to be 🤙

This is my Eddy Merckx Titane (Titanium) running a 10 speed Dura-Ace setup. Sublime ride on a classic 🤙

EM Titane.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, 'Dale said:

My beautiful country in the header of winter. 💟
My 5 hr ride started at 0 degrees in Prins Albert and ended at lunch time in Oudsthoorn at 24 degrees.

#nofilter

IMG_8097.jpeg

IMG_8069.jpeg

Stunning! I am insanely jealous of where you are cycling now!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First solo ride in a while. 
Weather report warned of strong headwinds coming home, they were not there when I stopped at the 55km mark, but soon picked up and nearly took me off the bike on a few occasions as gust from the side. 
 

I’ll be doing this route a few times over the next few weeks as I’ll be checking on my folks house whilst they are gone. 
 

 

IMG_1430.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Skubarra said:

Stunning! I am insanely jealous of where you are cycling now!

The weather gods smiled on Saturday's adventure ride as it was storming yesterday and it is snowing today with a maximum of 9 degrees forecasted, with wind chill factor that would get any boerseun out of his khaki hemp into his K-Way jacket. 🥶

IMG_8169.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Settings My Forum Content My Followed Content Forum Settings Ad Messages My Ads My Favourites My Saved Alerts My Pay Deals Help Logout