• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Did my normal route yesterday, but the weather and a large herd of ellies made it a bit more interesting. 

Started drizzling but stopped after a few minutes

post-80018-0-60630800-1484554753_thumb.jpg

Not nearly as much mud as at "the fast one" but I decided to hike around it through the bush.

post-80018-0-83658700-1484554699_thumb.jpg

Eliies made an obstacle course for me, had to dodge lots of branches and turds

post-80018-0-58097600-1484554736_thumb.jpg 

Did my normal route yesterday, but the weather and a large herd of ellies made it a bit more interesting.

attachicon.gifDSC_1038.JPG

Not nearly as much mud as at "the fast one" but I decided to hike around it through the bush.

attachicon.gifDSC_1043.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_1041.JPG

Gotto love Africa.

Yesterday we had giraffe say hello..wild pigs running around, a gorgeous eagle and a troop of monkeys running off with mielies that they stole from a farm.

Oh and some beautiful gemsbok

Edited by Gen

Gotto love Africa.

Yesterday we had giraffe say hello..wild pigs running around, a gorgeous eagle and a troop of monkeys running off with mielies that they stole from a farm.

Oh and some beautiful gemsbok

Jealous. The problem with the Cape is that it's too tame!

It looks like the crank arm broke ?

All still in one piece. Even looks like the seat and seat post is missing.

This little guy on the Tokai end of the Greenbelt....!!! Actually made a "run" at me!!! More like a lunge!

Better train your bunny piggy hop

This little guy on the Tokai end of the Greenbelt....!!! Actually made a "run" at me!!! More like a lunge!

:eek: I said all along that it must be the bloody pigs that discard their snakebitten tubes in the fynbos!

Edited by DJR

Earlier today at the finish of the Attakwas @ Pine Creek Caravan Park, Groot Brak Rivier. I was the first to go through the finish [emoji6] [emoji322] [emoji323]

post-32865-14845929426808.jpg

PS Remember we will sell nice ice cold slush puppies and pancakes.

Edited by BSG

With the water shortages and restrictions on hose pipes, I've been avoiding the mud, so on Sunday I decided to hit the tar. I rode through to Bedfordview to see what was going down with the Dischem 21 road runner race. I must say - all the cars between Edenvale and Bedfordview were really awesome - cars turning, pulling off - gave plently of space, waited for me to go - maybe they could smell my fear :D

Riding on a single lane road though, with groups of pedestrians walking on the side of the road refusing to go on the pavement was another thing though.

Best part of the ride. I grabbed my phone and keys, shoved it into my pocket - filled up a bottle (first time riding a bike with a bottle cage) - and off I went. No schlepping bike rack, big hydration pack etc - pretty cool.

Didn't stop to take pics so these are all I have.

post-44041-0-21169400-1484595250_thumb.png