• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Another wet weekend at FUN Gaalens..... but as always great fun.

Was sceptical about taking my new addition out only to be wrecked by mud... but I was itching so badly I hoped the tiny bits of sun we had yesterday would help..... and it (sort of) did.

Trails weren't bad at all but then caught in a huge downpour just after this was taken, fortunately it wasn't too bad, mud wise ... just very wet.. 

post-6012-0-98067900-1485600081_thumb.jpg

Majik : Bloemendal : Hillcrest : Contermanskloof : Meerendal Corridor

Distance: 38.8km

Elev Gain: 813m

Avg Speed: 17.1kph

Calories: 1,218 C

Yet again an awesome ride! Although, I had a wipe-out going down BloemenNice. Forgot to adjust my tyre pressure, noob mistake... Left bar end plug with the ESI logo got scratched away and there is a hole in my left cycling sock, which is a bummer due to the fact that it was my first ride with it. Pickled with a group towards the top where you need to choose between Bloemdaler and Contermanskloof. Oom Duim, Johan, Freddy, Dwerg, cannot remember the others. Unfortunately, I lost them at the turn, rather than going straight. Also saw the legend, Willem Engelbrecht on the trail. Man, he got some serious calves. Going down with another rider through Contermanskloof, the rider experienced a sealing leak in his rear tyre. Went down on my own, eventually meeting another rider (Steven). Ask for directions to get back to Meerendal. Wanted to stop at Expresso, but time was not on my side and needed to get back home for an appointment.

http://i.imgur.com/DSTqxFW.jpg

Edited by Andrew_Smith

d01363eed4a885625c8a0f648970a877.jpg

Two hours on the trainer in virtual London.

I should be able to venture outside soon. I need to get a helmet first.

According to Training Peaks I have never been fitter, however I don't even feel like a cyclist, more like a really sweaty virtual reality gamer...

It's been more than two and a half months since my accident, I am amazed that I have persevered with the indoor trainer. It's all because of Zwift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by RocknRolla

Was sceptical about taking my new addition out only to be wrecked by mud... but I was itching so badly I hoped the tiny bits of sun we had yesterday would help..... and it (sort of) did.

Trails weren't bad at all but then caught in a huge downpour just after this was taken, fortunately it wasn't too bad, mud wise ... just very wet.. 

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender (2).jp

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender (2).jpg

Ha! saw you guys when you got back...

Our ride was a different ballgame all together - very muddy after that downpour!

Beauriful morning here, even made it in the doubke digit temperatures! Planned on 40km but it was so nice I made a detour and did 50km

The white one I'll ride, but that black one, never, I dislike horseriding, rode them way to much as a kid.

They normally are huge as well , Fresian horses I think. My daughter used to do showjumping and every time at a competition there used to be a girl who did some tricks with them, without riding them.

Edited by BSG

Beauriful morning here, even made it in the doubke digit temperatures! Planned on 40km but it was so nice I made a detour and did 50km

Double digit temp

Wow

Great ????????

Beautiful pic