• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Slept  over in Calvinia last night

Had a GOOD ride yesterday afternoon !  No stopping for pics, headed INTO a 35km/h wind, and up a 2 to 4% gradient for the firt 40 minutes ...... coming back was a very quick 12 minute ride .... then I started to overheat !!  Riding at 155bpm at some 30 to 40 km/h with zero airflow over your body in 31,5 degree heat ..... your body SOON protests !!

This morning I did a short and relaxing recovery ride .... this time the camera did come along  :thumbup:   And what a way to greet the day !!  :clap:  :clap:

post-110956-0-57426300-1513487951_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-17526900-1513488317_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-45459100-1513488363_thumb.jpg

Tokai with Deon.

Went to check out DH Zero. Had trouble controlling my bladder while walking it. So, yeah well ........ I think I'll leave that for the younger crazier types with meaner bikes and better armour.

Lizzard, Boulders, Cobra, Mamba, Boomslang, Snake Eyes, Vasbyt. Damn, it was GOOD!

B.t.w. if you wonder what Tokai MTB does, besides for the trailbuilding, security, picking up broken collarbones and so on, they also serve as fire lookouts. Had a grand stand view of the Huey putting out the fire that some naughty kids started in Lower Tokai. Story goes that it is the 3rd fire they started in 3 days, trying to get the choppers out......let's hope they are happy now. 

post-17716-0-38908300-1513517622_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-67392500-1513517639_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-75396000-1513517654_thumb.jpg

Tokai with Deon.

Went to check out DH Zero. Had trouble controlling my bladder while walking it. So, yeah well ........ I think I'll leave that for the younger crazier types with meaner bikes and better armour.

Lizzard, Boulders, Cobra, Mamba, Boomslang, Snake Eyes, Vasbyt. Damn, it was GOOD!

B.t.w. if you wonder what Tokai MTB does, besides for the trailbuilding, security, picking up broken collarbones and so on, they also serve as fire lookouts. Had a grand stand view of the Huey putting out the fire that some naughty kids started in Lower Tokai. Story goes that it is the 3rd fire they started in 3 days, trying to get the choppers out......let's hope they are happy now.

Somebody should give them a bloody hiding

Tokai with Deon.

Yeah, got you guys coming up as I was heading down past the my roots area, I check this oke giving me a 360degree wave with huge smile and I just wave back 2 seconds pass and I realise its Deon and I let out a loud HEY!!!!!, sorry was too late to stop.

Edited by Eddy Gordo

Yeah, got you guys coming up as I was heading down past the my roots area, I check this oke giving me a 360degree wave with huge smile and I just wave back 2 seconds pass and I realise its Deon and I let out a loud HEY!!!!!, sorry was too late to stop.

Ja, heard that.. you weren't turning back up the hill, nor was I heading back down.

"Howsit!"