Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Took a friend to Northerns this morning for his first ride.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/Zoos0087/IMG_20180114_100134932_HDR.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/Zoos0087/IMG_20180114_100115856_HDR.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/Zoos0087/IMG_20180114_093608135.jpg

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

HB to Simonstown & back yesterday. Got a flat RIGHT at the dodgy area on Blackhill. Told the lady to carry on & wait for me in Glencairn. Que F1 pitstop.

We saw a pod of dolphins from Chappies on the way back. Very special.

Went up to the mast at Helderberg Trails yesterday.

Somehow seeing the mast from home, going up to it, riding my favourite trail down, cruising home and them seeing the mast again is a lekker way to end a rough week.418da35b09418bdfe3ff4248fd2829a8.jpg

a7e0897ba034f9c52c823d0abbdae60d.jpg

Hoe kom mens heel bo op daai berg? Hoogste wat ek nog was is die mast, en ek glo mens kan tot heel bo op gaan.

Hoe kom mens heel bo op daai berg? Hoogste wat ek nog was is die mast, en ek glo mens kan tot heel bo op gaan.

langs die sement blad is daar 'n baie vae stap paadjie wat reguit op gaan tot teen die kranse. Dan moet jy die natuur reservaat se stap paadjies volg om die Dome tot bo.

Ek het nog nooit van Helderberg Trails se kant af op gegaan nie. Nog net van die Natuur Reservaat se kant af.

Maar ek dink om op te ry tot by die mas, die fietse daar te los, verder op te stap tot bo, en dan weer af te kom kan nogal 'n lekker avontuur wees. Laat weet as jy wil saamkom op so iets.

Strava se heatmap se dis definitief moontlik. My muis se handjie is waar die mas is.

5268ff8e658685f2818f593c778b0e83.jpg

Edited by PhilipV

Nice one! I haven't done it in ages, thoroughly enjoyed.  :thumbup:

I do that if I'm a bit short on time. It feels like I can pack in the same training as when I spend twice the time taking it easy along the Suikerbossie Chappies run.

Nice. Water level seems ok ??

Only City of Cape Town that has a problem, things are a bit better in Stellenbosch. 

Only City of Cape Town that has a problem, things are a bit better in Stellenbosch.

too bad the City's main dams are in the Winelands (Berg Rivier, Jonkershoek,) and on the other side of the mountains behind stellies (Theewaterskloof, Steenbras and Voëlvlei.)

The dams we see are the farm dams, and the farmers are saving that water for when they get cut off from main water supply. Among my clients there are farmers that have decided which blocks of vineyards and orchards won't be getting water, and the veggie farmers are not planting to capacity (one of them in the Bottelary area has only planted 20% of his land this season...)

Edited by PhilipV

to work :(

car to work ... commuted home on the bike, including a nice detour.   :clap:

knees are complaining after last weeks hard rides .... stood on the pedals and powered up a number of hills ......  :oops:  Ego got the better of my common sense ..... these arthritic joints wants to be pampered .....  :eek:

so doing a couple of slow and low impact recovery rides this week.

HOPING to do a fun ride this weekend, if the knees recover in time