Why Motorcycles and Mountain Bikes Cost the Same

nathrix

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Hairy said:

What does a high end MTB tyre look like these days ... R1200.00 for a Maxxis, more if you roll on a Schwalbe?

Cost to fit a tyre with sealant, rim tape and valve R300.00

So R1500.00 for a skinny tyre fitted

Should I compare this to my motorbike, that uses a wider tyre than most, and is rated for a heavier motorcycle (All cost increasing factors) with a high end in the rage Pirelli fitted with valve, balancing, etc = R3500.00

Other motorcycle setups can be a good bit cheaper where both tyres can be replaced as a combo price around the 3.8K mark.

Don’t come here with your outdated uninformed lies! 😅

IMG_9490.jpeg

IMG_9491.jpeg

Edited by MORNE

The discrepancy in value is also huge. A moto will last for decades if looked after and cover thousands more km in that time. and could even cost less to service and maintain if you own a Spesh Epic wif brainbox etal. A push bike is outdated almost immediately and the frame will break eventually. As for tyre durability... KTM just re-released their Duke and Adventure 790 bikes, now made in China and far cheaper than the 890R. That's an old model - re-released! Imagine if Spesh decided to do that with my iconic X frame 2018 Enduro. Ain't gonna happen. 

At the opposite end of the spectrum are surfboards. I've always said they are way too cheap.

A top of the line hand made board from a big name brand can be had for 10k. Yes they are roughly shaped by machine but they are finished by hand and glassed by hand. You can get a Pyzel Ghost model for 10k in this country. That's the same board that's ridden by John John Florence scaled to your weight.

1 hour ago, Duane_Bosch said:

At the opposite end of the spectrum are surfboards. I've always said they are way too cheap.

A top of the line hand made board from a big name brand can be had for 10k. Yes they are roughly shaped by machine but they are finished by hand and glassed by hand. You can get a Pyzel Ghost model for 10k in this country. That's the same board that's ridden by John John Florence scaled to your weight.

Somebody silence this man, he has gone completely mad!!!

49 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

he has gone completely mad!!!

10k for a piece of spray-painted piece of polystyrene. mad indeed

33 minutes ago, peepeekaitjie said:

10k for a piece of spray-painted piece of polystyrene. mad indeed

Noooit bru have you seen the price of that slab of EPS!!!

or the price of a litre of epoxy resin??

the labour hours that goes into a surfboard is roughly 50hrs and that’s with basic artwork. Did you know you can buy a whole 5/4/3 wetsuit that covers your body head to toe for less than the price of a MAAP bib shorts!?!  

how many giro aether helmets EPS mass can make up a surfboard?

And the IP that goes into a surfboard is way in excess of what goes into a bicycle.

cycling is mental

18 hours ago, MORNE said:

Don’t come here with your outdated uninformed lies! 😅

IMG_9490.jpeg

IMG_9491.jpeg

Where is the MM selling for that price?