In the eye of the beholder The Ugly Bike Thread

2 hours ago, Bub Marley said:

I’m trying to figure out what exactly is going on here.

It’s two opposing piston shafts that work in line with the suspension arc on/within a pivot, similar to their previous eccentric bush system.

Actually worked (works) remarkably well, especially when pushing hard on the pedals, like up steep Rocky climbs. 
On later models like the SB100 which replaced the ASR there were some teething issues with noises and lateral stiffness. Apparently they sorted that out.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Danger Dassie said:

It’s two opposing piston shafts that work in line with the suspension arc on/within a pivot, similar to their previous eccentric bush system.

Actually worked (works) remarkably well, especially when pushing hard on the pedals, like up steep Rocky climbs. 
On later models like the SB100 which replaced the ASR there were some teething issues with noises and lateral stiffness. Apparently they sorted that out.

The only thing I see whatching that is just more unnecessary maintenance. 

49 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

The only thing I see whatching that is just more unnecessary maintenance. 

Not really, looks more complex than what it is. Keep it clean and lubed along with the rest of the bike, nothing extra to maintain at all. Rode it for a good six months, really good constant traction and antisquat, . 
The design is a good few years old now though, I think with patents like DW now open and updated suspension, it’s current relevance is arguably questionable.

On 5/3/2024 at 1:33 PM, MORNE said:

These, particularly in XL guise. Who signs that off and says yes….now thats a sexy bike.

IMG_2095.jpeg

Didnt know they made farm gates out of Carbon 

Edited by PregoRoll
Spelling

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

The rest of you Fugly Bikes might as well go home. Ellsworth has entered the room and is holding all your beers.

I think this wins hands down, looks like two engineers that hated each other worked on this, one designed the rear triangle and the other one got the rest of the bike to do. 

26 minutes ago, hansolo said:

The Marin Wolf Ridge is another serious contender.

Watermarked-Marin-Wolf-Ridge-Review-Enduro-Magazine-4-1140x760.jpg

This bike doesn’t seem to know what to identify as. Front half is a mountainbike. Rear seems like half motocross. 

2 minutes ago, Brakepad said:

no, wait. I found the ultimate winner 👼

573256.webp

Then dont look at the Trek ... that over.bite saddle post ....