Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

11 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Why would people share photos of a fatal accident on whatsapp, I'll never understand...

Just heard that a mate from Table View passed away this morning, not sure at this point if it's the same accident. This is so ******* sad... The guy already survived an almost fatal accident a few years ago and was vlogging his whole recovery.

I suspect its the same accident. Condolences if it is, very tragic accident.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is on the R304 where i think it is it may not have been a cateye, there is 2 very bad high bumps in the tar where they fixed potholes. If you hit that at speed or unexpected it can throw you easily. Condolences

Sadness.

It is a high-speed segment, straight and smooth, between the R304 bridge that crosses the railway line and the intersection with Bottelary Road. There is a lump of tar that protrudes from the smoother road surface inside the yellow shoulder, quite central, which is relatively obscure and camouflaged from normal view.

It is very easy, even if very vigilant, to hit it and lose control of the handlebars. One of my regular training partners hit it some time last year and somehow regained control. However, he had to go realign his lower back.

If anybody has a direct line to someone in Road Works, please make a call.

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

Sadness.

It is a high-speed segment, straight and smooth, between the R304 bridge that crosses the railway line and the intersection with Bottelary Road. There is a lump of tar that protrudes from the smoother road surface inside the yellow shoulder, quite central, which is relatively obscure and camouflaged from normal view.

It is very easy, even if very vigilant, to hit it and lose control of the handlebars. One of my regular training partners hit it some time last year and somehow regained control. However, he had to go realign his lower back.

If anybody has a direct line to someone in Road Works, please make a call.

Sjoe! 😭