Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Useless bunch of players ALL OF THEM....if you look how this country is run it is not a surprise that all our sports are heading the same direction!!

I watched a couple of minutes, saw writing on wall and retired to file and tidy; waaay more productive.  But in the week I read a bit about the AB's and picked up (well, so they say) is that they don't really have a concrete game plan, just particular plays, options and scenarios. Then a lot of their focus is on particular set piece skills, support skills and individual skills. Finally player awareness and fitness.  All obviously with good coaches; like the reviled (by some; Smit seemingly) and discarded Plumtree.

Makes sense when you see the fragmented and individually poor Bok play but by players who, I believe, actually have all the attributes.

Things are going to get worse before they get better. Like a possible credit rating agency downgrade to junk. Or a loss to Italy.

Useless bunch of players ALL OF THEM....if you look how this country is run it is not a surprise that all our sports are heading the same direction!!

Hopefully not our cricket which is lekker right now....and I'm sure we're still good at Jukskei!!

I remember when the Springboks used to be quite good at rugby . . . .

Nothing wrong with your long term memory [emoji23]

A bad day cycling is better than a good day working.

It is NOT the players. We have the talent and skill in this country to match and probably better NZ. What we do not have is professional administrators to run the game properly, and we do not have coaches to match NZ. I will bet my house that if you hand the SA coaching position to the likes of Eddie Jones/Robbie Deans/John Mitchell/Joe Schmidt, and you allow them to select on MERIT, you will end up with 1 of the best teams in the world. Even with quota restrictions I bet they could play a flippen good team. 

AC is clueless and must go. Time to headhunt a foreigner and partner him with someone like Ackermann/Swys de Bruyn. 

I remember when the Springboks used to be quite good at rugby . . . .

I have 3 x Good Condition Springbok shirts to swop for any Sharks shirts.

The Sharks are at least recognizing they have issues and putting things in place to rectify it.

It is so difficult and stressfull to be a Bok Supporter these days !!

Edited by nickc

I have 3 x Good Condition Springbok shirts to swop for any Sharks shirts.

The Sharks are at least recognizing they have issues and putting things in place to rectify it.

It is so difficult and stressfull to be a Bok Supporter these days !!

Shame man, times are tough if you're a shark and bok supporter!  :P

At least I can look forward to the Lions super rugby campaign, where we should be title contenders!

Even the English commentators on Sky 1 this weekend mentioned the difficulties that SA Rugby are currently experiencing with direct reference to the politics.....

It doesn't take a genius to see what the problems are. Unfortunately not even our National coach (or selectors) can see them and needs to call an indaba to get input from other coaches to help identify these problems.....

It is my understanding that NZ, although they are a national side, are run as a business with NO Political input and players are picked on form and ability. The scary thing is that they could change players in any position multiple times a season and not skip a beat.....

Even the English commentators on Sky 1 this weekend mentioned the difficulties that SA Rugby are currently experiencing with direct reference to the politics.....

It doesn't take a genius to see what the problems are. Unfortunately not even our National coach (or selectors) can see them and needs to call an indaba to get input from other coaches to help identify these problems.....

It is my understanding that NZ, although they are a national side, are run as a business with NO Political input and players are picked on form and ability. The scary thing is that they could change players in any position multiple times a season and not skip a beat.....

Actually, NZ got beaten last week by Ireland as a result of:

• key players getting injured (both locks and a centre);
  • a few form players rested for two matches;
  • Ireland putting pressure on Smith and Barrett - something they weren't used to;
  • The luck of the Irish on the day (we'll see how they fair in Dublin next weekend).

Perhaps the AB's had a bit of an arrogant attitude going into the match against the Irish, over-estimated their ability to bring fringe players in, and under estimating the Irish on the day.

It proves that the mighty AB's can be beaten, but it will happen less often that the rest of the world would like.

what I dont get is why AC is there? Is it really about Quota's? is a he a quota? realistically a top coach selected on merit could put out a 50% quota team and do significantly better than AC...and even be competitive against the AB's.

What really annoys me is that back in the 80s the rest of the world was only to happy to protest skin colour based selection...why not now? after all a poorly performing springbok is doing nothing for rugby.

What stood out for me on Saturday was how bad we are at kicking the ball. 

our catching, running, passing and try-scoring is not too flash either, but I believe we are sh!thot at the practices during the week though...