Coffee machine

One of my favorites. I get mine from Green Bean Roastery.

I think my favorite is Harrar. That and Yirgacheff another Ethiopian bean. I cycled through the area years ago so feel a sense of attachment I guess.

This is from Royal Coffee @ Stoneridge... 

My absolute favorite is Uganda Bugiso... 

Had a nice Ethopian Geisha (Still have a bit) last month, very citrus... 

Yirgecheffe is also a favorite of mine!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mate Klasie's coffee shop. Genuine guy and his coffee is great! Enjoying a cup right now.

Klasie is what made me a customer for life (apart from the damn fine coffee).

First time I went in we spoke coffee for a good 15 minutes - he asked what I liked and made me a cup. Gratis.

Now free coffee is cool and all but his passion and pleasant attitude sold me.

I do most of my customer lunches/coffees there and support them whenever I can.

Awesome coffee, awesome people, convenient location - it has winner written all over it in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Need a new grinder. Any recommendations on a good quality, not to expensive, value for money grinder. Was thinking along the lines of a mechanical burr grinder.

Best place to get it?

Need a new grinder. Any recommendations on a good quality, not to expensive, value for money grinder. Was thinking along the lines of a mechanical burr grinder.

Best place to get it?

Budget? 

Best place to get it?

Krupps burr grinder from dionwired is cheap and cheerful.  

It works and is reasonable quality (that means "keep the slip").

I was hoping for something in the < R500 range, but looking around that was wishful thinking!

The Hario Skerton is looking like a good option.

I wish i had shipped my coffee machine.

They are ridonculous over here.

I had a basic bean to cup automatic machine i bought on takelot for R2999

Same machine here is over R12k.

Stupid kiwi pricing.

Got my eye on this though...anyone with any feedback?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=980722156

What machine was this Wayne? The link doesn't go to the item anymore (I suppose because you bought it.)

Looking for a 2nd hand Bean to Cup machine. Anyone interested in selling, please let me know. Preferably Jura.

I know it's probably already been posted among the 230 odd pages of this thread, but I have been asked to source a machine for the office. Looked a a solution from Ciro on a rental basis but we don't do the volumes. They need 70 - 100 cups a day.

There are 13 people in the office on a daily basis. Not sure yet if they will have access to the machine or not. Main reason is to be able to serve coffee for meetings. These meetings happen twice a week and can number from 10 to 30 delegates.

Needs to be able to deliver cups in reasonably quick succession as people arrive for the meeting. Preferably a bean to cup machine that can do espresso, black, white and cappuccino at the push of a button.

Looking for something towards the R10-15k mark with good local backup service.

Located in the Durban area.

Any ideas? 

Good Day Guys

Need some help with advice on which coffee machine to buy.  Im asking on the behalf of a friend. She wants a machine to put in her waiting. Questions she might have to ask herself: how many people does she expect to sit in the waiting area, budget, etc.

I know it's probably already been posted among the 230 odd pages of this thread, but I have been asked to source a machine for the office. Looked a a solution from Ciro on a rental basis but we don't do the volumes. They need 70 - 100 cups a day.

There are 13 people in the office on a daily basis. Not sure yet if they will have access to the machine or not. Main reason is to be able to serve coffee for meetings. These meetings happen twice a week and can number from 10 to 30 delegates.

Needs to be able to deliver cups in reasonably quick succession as people arrive for the meeting. Preferably a bean to cup machine that can do espresso, black, white and cappuccino at the push of a button.

Looking for something towards the R10-15k mark with good local backup service.

Located in the Durban area.

Any ideas?

From my recent research, Jura F8 would work. Much more, but handles more volume is the Jura xs9

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I miss the machine I had at Spur.  I was the only waiter that were allowed to use it.  So easy to use, but that was way before I knew what I know now.  I can't remember the name, but I remember the one morning the one cleaner decided to clean the bean hopper and made an adjustment to the grinder.  Took me about 5 cups of Espresso to get it back in tune.

Nothing beats a real coffee machine where you steam the milk to get the right amount of bubbles and you draw the right amount of water through the grinds.  Where the sexy caramel colored crema greets you in the cup.  Where you marry the white frothy milk with the creamy coffee to make a delectable cup of coffee.

Miss the days...