Coffee machine

You clearly still think Koffiehuis is coffee.

That and the other instants counted as coffee when I was something like 5 years old.  I grew a brain in the mean time ...  :whistling:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like coffee then that would not be the answer.

If its a choice between instant and Nespresso then Nespresso wins. 

At work my choices are Frisco, some or other machine that just takes instant coffee and powdered milk and mixes it for you or not drinking coffee. I choose not to have coffee, but have contemplated bringing my spare nespresso machine in.

I'd also take Nespresso over some coffees offered at certain eateries. Its not freshly roasted and freshly ground good, but its not as bad as you guys make it out to be. Sure some of the pods are hit and miss.

Anyone have and old 58mm porta filter, with bust up handle etc? Want to try my hand at wood turning and make a custom handle, maybe even a naked porta filter

Was your cup of coffee that broke the last one  :devil:

I could possibly help you out, got a couple La Marzocco lying around. They just need baskets and springs.

At work my choices are Frisco, some or other machine that just takes instant coffee and powdered milk and mixes it for you or not drinking coffee. I choose not to have coffee, but have contemplated bringing my spare nespresso machine in.

I'd also take Nespresso over some coffees offered at certain eateries. Its not freshly roasted and freshly ground good, but its not as bad as you guys make it out to be. Sure some of the pods are hit and miss.

Agree, much much better than instant.  Nespresso in an emergency yes, but instant, just no, then I rather drink water.

Agree, much much better than instant.  Nespresso in an emergency yes, but instant, just no, then I rather drink water.

At home I have Nespresso and Nescafe Gold Alta Rica stuff that the wife buys. Someone here posted a link to instructions on how to make instant coffee better, I have since been using that method as it made a big difference to the taste of my morning coffee. No use having anything better when its gulped down in a hurry before work.

The Nespresso is then used for my evening cup. 

I agree that between Nespresso and Instant - the Nespresso is certainly much better than instant.

————————————

This additional response is not directed at your post, but rather the perceived stereotyping happening on this thread.

While I like/prefer the freshly roasted beans option, and stay away from Nespresso and Instant, doesn’t mean that someone who likes Nespresso or Instant is wrong; or doesn’t drink real coffee. Perhaps the person likes the taste - let’s not flame the person because they have a different preference and what is perceived as the perfect cup of coffee.

Discovered the best value for money Coffee Roasters.. 

https://gegrond.co.za/

They have a special running until end of March 2021 - 10% off if you use Coupon Code: Carb10

Medium roast Speciality coffee - I especially like the Natural Nicaragua Marsellesa (I prefer natural over washed though).

I mean you just can't beat this quality at R240-R300/Kg

They have a special running until end of March 2021 - 10% off if you use Coupon Code: Carb10

Medium roast Speciality coffee - I especially like the Natural Nicaragua Marsellesa (I prefer natural over washed though).

Thats the same range we sell at, also all specialty coffee, small batch roasted etc... so us roasters not ripping the ring are around.... 

Man that machine that uses instant coffee but looks like a decent machine caused me a lot of sadness.

I was in PE last week, was craving some good coffee really badly. Go down to breakfast and its just this big machine with some buttons that is available.

Needless to say I took one sip of the warm brown that came out(it wasnt coffee) and that was my day ruined!

Man that machine that uses instant coffee but looks like a decent machine caused me a lot of sadness.

I was in PE last week, was craving some good coffee really badly. Go down to breakfast and its just this big machine with some buttons that is available.

Needless to say I took one sip of the warm brown that came out(it wasnt coffee) and that was my day ruined!

same here.

came in early one saturday morning and needed a little kick start after my ride, decided to give the big machine a try.

Fortunately I was alone because I spat out the first mouthful, tried a second mouthful and then dumped the rest of the cup.

Royal Coffee Roasters in Alberton sells a bigger range than that and has better prices  

I have just launched an Ethiopian Guji Peaberry. It scores a SCA 86. You will battle to find better quality at R230/kg. It is small batch roasted with intense flavour notes.post-53093-0-17786000-1615546385_thumb.png

How many guys here from CT (Southern Suburbs)  purchase from Grind'nGears on a regular basis?

Keen to get a group buy of sorts going?

Can work out the logistics / timing / quantities later - just trying to get a feel.

A mate and split 1kg bag very 7 - 10 days or so, so will be in for 1kg at a time.

Anyone keen?

How many guys here from CT (Southern Suburbs)  purchase from Grind'nGears on a regular basis?

Can work out the logistics / timing / quantities later - just trying to get a feel.

A mate and split 1kg bag very 7 - 10 days or so, so will be in for 1kg at a time.

Anyone keen?

Super keen to do a group order! Its been too long.

I would take a kg of Holy Roller beans

Thats the same range we sell at, also all specialty coffee, small batch roasted etc... so us roasters not ripping the ring are around....

Currently my fave beans, that I certainly would recommend.

How many guys here from CT (Southern Suburbs) purchase from Grind'nGears on a regular basis?

Anyone keen?

Yeh why not, I'll take 3x250g holy rollers