Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

I have never thought I needed another gear - 50 is huge but on my very lightweight gravel type bike I wanted more speed on the slight downhills and 36 is the biggest chainring I can fit so the 9t might come in handy

That said, I rode in the 80s and thought I had all the gears I needed.  Nowadays I just use all the gears the industry throws at me as I get older and heavier

I use my dodgy knees as an excuse :ph34r:

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just arrived and keen to give this a try on my gravel bike where I can't put on anything bigger than a 36 up front

From where Waynemol?

Was keen to hop onto this then saw Evo was outv stock and then price hiked.

Still in need of a replacement cassette

From where Waynemol?

Supplier is out of stock ????

From where Waynemol?

R2 bike, a bit more expensive but they had stock

Saturday had miserable weather so I decided to do some bike related retail therapy/DIY...

I rough thought, a hand sketch or 2 on the back of an old envelope... and about 5 trips to the hardware store...

The purchase...

• builders plastic
  • loads of wood
  • half a dozen different wood screws
  • wood stain & varnish
  • and 2 bike racks...

This is the result so far...

post-10758-0-83312300-1560113017_thumb.jpg

The eyesore inside the "garage" (aka enclosed carport. it's a kiwi thing)

post-10758-0-15353100-1560113027_thumb.jpg

The brittle white plastic sheeting and cardboard installed by previous occupants had to go!

post-10758-0-24642700-1560113050_thumb.jpg

The new weather protection solution

post-10758-0-90635000-1560113065_thumb.jpg

A bit of basic timber support and panel.

post-10758-0-43439500-1560113079_thumb.jpg

Enough panel installed to put up the bike racks (Steadyrack swinging bike racks)

post-10758-0-44144900-1560113179_thumb.jpg

which means I can test them out on the bikes!

post-10758-0-03742300-1560113869_thumb.jpg

They lie nice and flat, so I can get my other 2 wheeled pony (not wall mountable) through the garage.

I'm a total novice when it comes to building/carpentry so I think it turned out ok considering. There's still lots to do. I plan to panel all the way down and across to cover the whole wall.

Saturday had miserable weather so I decided to do some bike related retail therapy/DIY...

I rough thought, a hand sketch or 2 on the back of an old envelope... and about 5 trips to the hardware store...

The purchase...

• builders plastic
  • loads of wood
  • wood stain & varnish
  • and 2 bike racks...

attachicon.gifIMG-20190608-WA0008.jpg

The eyesore inside the "garage" (aka enclosed carport. it's a kiwi thing)

attachicon.gifIMG-20190608-WA0009.jpg

The brittle white plastic sheeting and cardboard installed by previous occupants had to go!

attachicon.gifIMG-20190608-WA0010.jpg

The new weather protection solution

attachicon.gifIMG-20190608-WA0011.jpg

A bit of basic timber support and panel.

attachicon.gifIMG-20190609-WA0000.jpg

Enough panel installed to put up the bike racks (Steadyrack swinging bike racks)

attachicon.gifIMG-20190609-WA0001.jpg

which means I can test them out on the bikes!

attachicon.gif20190609_132208.jpg

They lie nice and flat, so I can get my other 2 wheeled pony (not wall mountable) through the garage.

I'm a total novice when it comes to building/carpentry so I think it turned out ok considering. There's still lots to do. I plan to panel all the way down and across to cover the whole wall.

Keeping the Morewood torch burning  :thumbup:  :clap:

The purchase...

• builders plastic
  • loads of wood
  • wood stain & varnish
  • and 2 bike racks...

Been looking for a solution. Need something for 2 bikes and this looks like a winner. 

Keeping the Morewood torch burning  :thumbup:  :clap:

haha, yup! When I left SA I had 4 Morewoods. Sadly only 2 of them made it across to the other side of the world. I sold the other 2, and picked up a Trek in the process.

That little maroon one is the ultra rare "Zulisa" fourcross prototype. Only a 2 of them made  (AFAIK) and only for the old Morewood United ride team. This one was made for either Mick Hannah or Fabiene Cousine for Crankworx Les2Alpes 2012.

Here's Mick styling on the little morewood, better than I ever could

p5pb8389180.jpg

Been looking for a solution. Need something for 2 bikes and this looks like a winner. 

Can highly recommend. They come in 3 options: classic rack, fender rack, and fat rack. They say the classic rack is only for up to 2." tyre widths. The michelins on my Trek are more like 2.5/2.6's (in size) and manage to squeeze in, so unless you have a commuter bike or fat bike, the classic works for just about everything else.

My OneUps finally arrived...

I think a grey/orange CSIXX mudguard is on the cards and then to start saving for that Fox36.

Go for an all black MRP Ribbon instead, superior fork IMO anyway.

Will help with the murdered look, apart for the "ugly" pedals spoiling that party........

My OneUps finally arrived...

I think a grey/orange CSIXX mudguard is on the cards and then to start saving for that Fox36.

Nice pedals! Think a Pike or a Fox34 would match the Stumpy ST better than a Fox36. Also a bit cheaper