Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

More a grudge purchase than a boast...

attachicon.gifIMG-20201218-WA0001.jpg

Snapped one on my last ride. Haven't bought a chain in ages and all my other bikes are 10sp, so this price was hard to stomach (about R680 equiv).

Not able to fix it via Powerlock link?

* I realize it may be too short once it's fixed that way.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

had to get an emergency bottom bracket this am.....you could see the play when the bike store team had a look...but its  a frustrating buy or repair...any tick...any strange noise.....you are overly attentive....lets see what happens tomorrow when i ride it out 

Grabbed this when it came on special, Jacques upgraded my seals to SKF low friction seal after some delays, I must say after going from a basic Rock Shox Sektor to this, absolute massive difference still lots more set-up and play around to be done with all the setting and air pressures.

post-24414-0-11228100-1609941800_thumb.jpg

Grabbed this when it came on special, Jacques upgraded my seals to SKF low friction seal after some delays, I must say after going from a basic Rock Shox Sektor to this, absolute massive difference still lots more set-up and play around to be done with all the setting and air pressures.

”Massive difference” seems like an understatement. Congrats man that is some nice kit!

Tried these out fro the first time today - put them on and felt so comfy until I pulled out of my driveway

Not sure if it's my look x track pedals but they rub on the crank (see the white on my crank)  Adjusted the cleats every way I could but it doesn't help

It's like I need my pedal extended out - They can't have overlooked this on their design so I will do a bit of googling but I'm not changing my pedals

So unhappy as they really look the business and would be great for touring

post-81229-0-83263900-1610462446_thumb.jpg

post-81229-0-40793900-1610462478_thumb.jpg

post-81229-0-94485600-1610462508_thumb.jpg

Tried these out fro the first time today - put them on and felt so comfy until I pulled out of my driveway

Not sure if it's my look x track pedals but they rub on the crank (see the white on my crank) Adjusted the cleats every way I could but it doesn't help

It's like I need my pedal extended out - They can't have overlooked this on their design so I will do a bit of googling but I'm not changing my pedals

So unhappy as they really look the business and would be great for touring

I found the same issue with Five Ten shoes and Shimano pedals. The Five Tens played well with Crank Bros pedals that allowed spacers shims to be put in. Don't know if that's available for your pedal?

So, I sold my gravel bike, my hardtail, and Transition Sentinel frame all to build the dream "quiver killer" of a bike - a Yeti SB130.

Build list:

- Yeti SB130 Turq, Lunch Ride Edition

- Fox DPX2 shock

- Rock Shox Lyrik Ultimate 150mm

- XO1 Eagle drivetrain

- Formula Cura 4 brakes

- One Up 180mm dropper

- Spez Power Arc saddle

- cSixx END carbon bars

- cSixx END 9 Series carbon rims

- CushCore inserts

- Spez Ground Control and Eliminator 2.6 tyres

- One Up EDC tool in the steerer tube

- Shimano XT trail pedals

- Fidlock bottle cage

14.3kg all in with everything listed above.

Absolute stunner of a build. All I still need to do to finish it off is get black decals for the handlebar and shock.

And... as luck would have it, I am sick, so I can just stare at it until I am healthy again.

attachicon.gif20201220_125941.jpg

That right there, is for real my dream bike man. Freaking amazing.