Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

the day after 9/11 I flew to cape town. as we were doing server upgrades i had a set of screwdrivers with me.

I never saw those screw drivers again

I have a leatherman, it used to be in my "lunch box" that I used for work, but was always worried it would go missing. Whilst working at Volvo they had a leatherman sort of tool that was swiss made, we used to give these to customers as part of their gift pack for buying a car. Along the way I acquired one for myself, it has replaced the leatherman and has served me well.

and I bet they are very safe to use.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the question after all these posts is.... who's starting a "Show us your tools" thread?  :devil:

That’s my job

There already is one somewhere. I have posted my snap-on toolbox there.

Bought me a pair of these a few weeks back - hands down best shoe I have ever owned.

Like wearing your comfy old slippers with a stupidly stiff carbon sole. The extra/optional routing for the BOA on the front of the foot is great for us narrow footers.

They are great, have mine for almost 2 years now, and after trying a few other brands these are still my go to

Money is no object for me. My bank account reads like my phone number. 

*also starts with a zero and "no object" because it doesn't exist

I bought a hanger alignment tool from Park. That should say everything.

please tell me where, I'm in desperate need of one

Without derailing the thread, I really would like to get a Leatherman but would like to be pointed in the right direction from someone here (not a salesman).

If you feel like you can help and/or have the time, please PM me (really don't want to be off topic, unless we can?)

Leatherman Wave II. That's your do it all model. I have x2! and a Skeletool because it looks cool, but to be honest haven't used that much.

Keep an eye out at local Cash Converters for one, bought my last one for R400 from them. They carry a 25 yr warrant. Send it to them, no questions asked and they will fix/ repair/ replace/ service...

My first Wave I've now had for 13 years.

A nice middle of the road leatherman is the wave.

Both my dad and son have them.

Almost same tools as the surge, but a but smaller and easier to carry.

I also think it is the most sold leatherman in SA.

Some years ago (when suppliers still gave Xmas gifts and before all of the anti-bribery policies were put in place), I was given a Wave, 2 years in a row from the same supplier.  One lives in my "DIY" toolbox, the other in my bike toolbox.  Nicest corporate gift I've received.

Lekker man. What was your reason for going for rollers over a conventional IDT?

Did you fit a new "O-Ring"? Doesn't look like there was one fitted here?

They don't last, I don't really use my rollers but my "O-Ring" has perished before.

They nice for warming up but I struggle to stand on mine so I just sit so prefer the IDT for training.

Lwb, I got it for R600, used those triangle shape ones before when I had a road bike. Sold both and I can't afford/justify something really expensive. Would of course give a nut or 2 for those proper ones where I can cycle anywhere in the world, but they are crazy expensive. Still struggling to keep my balance so I'm sitting down and spinning the whole time. Did 14m30s yesterday and I was sweating like a ............and I was "rolling" outside because the household is complaining about the noise [emoji23][emoji1787]

Always have my leatherman with me.

Have had one since my 21st birthday.

The surge for me.

I have the original Wave and the Skeletool CX also. Always on my hip, even to church or a braai, hopefully will go with me when I get cremated.

I have the original Wave and the Skeletool CX also. Always on my hip, even to church or a braai, hopefully will go with me when I get cremated.

Original Wave owner here, had mine now for 21 years !