Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't need an industrial strength one look at the cutters you can buy from vape shops. Brand is UD or Coil Master

https://www.thevapery.co.za/products/coil-master-wire-cutter

Thanks... after watching this, my days of using chinesium tools are done.

Rather gonna slowly build up a collection of quality tools that no one else will use/borrow. 

Will keep the cheapie ones for them to use/borrow

Edited by Muttley

Rather gonna slowly build up a collection of quality tools that no one else will use/borrow. 

I'm not spending R670 on a pair of snips that I only use to cut zip ties. My chinesium snips have been with my for 5 years now and not a single issue.

My hardworking tools however is a different story. 

I'm not spending R670 on a pair of snips that I only use to cut zip ties. My chinesium snips have been with my for 5 years now and not a single issue.

My hardworking tools however is a different story. 

My theory is, if I can't use my leatherman to sort the issue, then only do I whip out the mooi mooi tools. I am onto my 2nd leatherman and that thing works HARD. It even comes with me to work!!!!!

My theory is, if I can't use my leatherman to sort the issue, then only do I whip out the mooi mooi tools. I am onto my 2nd leatherman and that thing works HARD. It even comes with me to work!!!!!

My daily carry is a Skeletool CX. It used to be black about 10 years ago. It gets used a lot. 

I have a Micra on my car key. You never know when you will need tweezers or scissors :D 

As for my tool collection. I can buy a very nice second bike for what hides in my cabinet. 

My daily carry is a Skeletool CX. It used to be black about 10 years ago. It gets used a lot. 

I have a Micra on my car key. You never know when you will need tweezers or scissors :D

As for my tool collection. I can buy a very nice second bike for what hides in my cabinet. 

wave II for me. I bought my wife a squirt for her keys, she had to take a flight somewhere a while back and forgot it on her keys, security wanted to confiscate it. Luckily I work at the airport and I was at work so I ran over there and got it from her.

So don't leave it on your keys if you fly!!!!

Yeah good quality tools are always a good investment imho. I realise it so much as I make a living swinging spanners.

I used to watch a lot of his vids, then he got political and just unsubscribed ... has he gone back to just content and ditched the politics?

wave II for me. I bought my wife a squirt for her keys, she had to take a flight somewhere a while back and forgot it on her keys, security wanted to confiscate it. Luckily I work at the airport and I was at work so I ran over there and got it from her.

So don't leave it on your keys if you fly!!!!

Yeah good quality tools are always a good investment imho. I realise it so much as I make a living swinging spanners.

Funny that.

I keep a minora type blade between my phone cover and my cellphone ... then at one I kept one between the sole of my shoes and inner sole.

I have flown with these a couple of times and they never pick it up.

10190910000b.jpg

Funny that.

I keep a minora type blade between my phone cover and my cellphone ... then at one I kept one between the sole of my shoes and inner sole.

10190910000b.jpg

Do you see yourself starting a prison riot and needing to slice some okes that you keep one of those hidden................ :P

Do you see yourself starting a prison riot and needing to slice some okes that you keep one of those hidden................ :P

how else do you cut your biltong if SAA take your knife away from you :P

I have had to use the blade on the odd occasion before .... but now I have a decent knife I carry everyday, so that comes out when I need to cut things. Once you see how often you can use a knife in your work life you would be very surprised. I have also used the big bloody knife to remove very fine splinters from little fingers ... or was it remove little fingers ... 

this habit of keeping a flat blade around goes back to the days when we would still issue plans to council in hard copy format...should you be walking the plans with the various departments, and they request a change you used the blade to scrape off the ink and make the changes required on the spot.

Funny that.

10190910000b.jpg

The shoe one would be impressive if you could flick it out with your toe as a weapon. Very Bond villain like......

how else do you cut your biltong if SAA take your knife away from you :P

I have had to use the blade on the odd occasion before .... but now I have a decent knife I carry everyday, so that comes out when I need to cut things. Once you see how often you can use a knife in your work life you would be very surprised. I have also used the big bloody knife to remove very fine splinters from little fingers ... or was it remove little fingers ... 

this habit of keeping a flat blade around goes back to the days when we would still issue plans to council in hard copy format...should you be walking the plans with the various departments, and they request a change you used the blade to scrape off the ink and make the changes required on the spot.

Who??????? Luckily you won't have that issue for a while (or possibly ever again). It will have to be another airline taking it away :whistling: .