Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

I used to watch a lot of his vids, then he got political and just unsubscribed ... has he gone back to just content and ditched the politics?

I have no idea TBH.

I've only watch this & another tool vid of his

Edited by Muttley

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not spending R670 on a pair of snips that I only use to cut zip ties. My chinesium snips have been with my for 5 years now and not a single issue.

My hardworking tools however is a different story.

I’ve spent more that R670 bucks on tools that I use for even LESS than cutting zip ties. It’s an addiction to holding quality in ones hands :-) I need help!

6fc2f1ebf1a330afa3d52779afa5951b.jpg

To be honest, while I have a fetish for quality tools and have spent waaaaaay too much money on most of them. The items in the pic have been at my side for the past 15-18 years! And never failed me once. I’ve lost count the jobs they’ve completed for me. And I think I bought it all at Cape Union Mart :-)

I’ve spent more that R670 bucks on tools that I use for even LESS than cutting zip ties. It’s an addiction to holding quality in ones hands :-) I need help!

Money is no object for me. My bank account reads like my phone number. 

*also starts with a zero and "no object" because it doesn't exist

I bought a hanger alignment tool from Park. That should say everything.

Funny that.

I keep a minora type blade between my phone cover and my cellphone ... then at one I kept one between the sole of my shoes and inner sole.

I have flown with these a couple of times and they never pick it up.

10190910000b.jpg

This rattled me

So I tried tonight for the first time, with my Crocs nogal as cycling shoes. First inside the doorframe and then took it outside, and I'm not wearing white socks, it's a working with boots tan.

Once I got going it's much easier.d3bbd4b8a317665e2834d8d37182c981.jpg

I have a near identical door to that in my house

wave II for me. I bought my wife a squirt for her keys, she had to take a flight somewhere a while back and forgot it on her keys, security wanted to confiscate it. Luckily I work at the airport and I was at work so I ran over there and got it from her.

So don't leave it on your keys if you fly!!!!

Yeah good quality tools are always a good investment imho. I realise it so much as I make a living swinging spanners.

the day after 9/11 I flew to cape town. as we were doing server upgrades i had a set of screwdrivers with me.

I never saw those screw drivers again

I have a leatherman, it used to be in my "lunch box" that I used for work, but was always worried it would go missing. Whilst working at Volvo they had a leatherman sort of tool that was swiss made, we used to give these to customers as part of their gift pack for buying a car. Along the way I acquired one for myself, it has replaced the leatherman and has served me well.

Money is no object for me. My bank account reads like my phone number. 

*also starts with a zero and "no object" because it doesn't exist

I bought a hanger alignment tool from Park. That should say everything.

I recently just straightened my hanger with a vice and a good straight edge ...

Without derailing the thread, I really would like to get a Leatherman but would like to be pointed in the right direction from someone here (not a salesman).

If you feel like you can help and/or have the time, please PM me (really don't want to be off topic, unless we can?)

Without derailing the thread, I really would like to get a Leatherman but would like to be pointed in the right direction from someone here (not a salesman).

If you feel like you can help and/or have the time, please PM me (really don't want to be off topic, unless we can?)

I have one of the earliest ones, I don't think it even has a model name, but I recently bought my son a Leatherman Wingman and it is a really great tool and much more comfortable in the hand than my old one. It is a mid-range model, but strikes a nice balance between having enough tools and not being too big and bulky. Some models are too small and difficult to work with. Others are too heavy and fat to carry with you. Figure out what you are most likely to need and buy the tool that has those bits on and sits comfortably in your hand and your pocket. Don't let the bling blind you, look at how they work. Non-negotiable is that tools must lock securely when in open (working) position. My most often used tools are pliers, knife, star screwdriver, two sizes flat screwdrivers. Bits like scissors, files and can openers I don't use much, and if I'm in a corner, I can make something else do the same job.

Edited by DJR

Bought me a pair of these a few weeks back - hands down best shoe I have ever owned.

Like wearing your comfy old slippers with a stupidly stiff carbon sole. The extra/optional routing for the BOA on the front of the foot is great for us narrow footers.

post-2412-0-35050100-1611247819_thumb.jpg

I don't like to boast but thought I'd post my latest purchase as there may be a lesson somewhere in it. Went to a Specialized store in the Northern Suburbs of JHB to buy 3 things. First 2 were a front disc post to post 180mm adapter, second a thru axle indoor trainer adapter or thru axle (traxle) but for 2nd time in store was treated with extreme arrogance. Service guy overheard my first 2 requests and without acknowledging me walked off. In fairness he was going to fetch something for me but returned with only 1 p/p adapter when id requested 2 and with no traxle as they didn't have. Didn't say anything about stock levels or even speak to me again. I paid for 180 adapter and left. Pity for them cause my 3rd item was a Sram XX1 AXS rear derailleur at around R20k which I had to go buy it elsewhere. Wont be going back. My sons S-Works Epic and my Epic won't be getting anything further from these dissenterested guys. (Couldn't post pics of purchase on fast reply.)

A nice middle of the road leatherman is the wave.

Both my dad and son have them.

Almost same tools as the surge, but a but smaller and easier to carry.

I also think it is the most sold leatherman in SA.