Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Muttley said:

Logi.JPG.9e7e9d1bdebd999fad875daa5f3a1af7.JPG

Logitech MX Keys and Logitech MX Master 3 🐭

Now I can type and mouse around this place like a racing snake 🥷

Running the same combo. My fingers look buff! 

Not my purchase but my wife's. 

image.png.0bd5a4f9fdfc7b9ab2dd40cf66ce9257.png

image.png.4929f5b3e250df22c37c774542d8a498.png

Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design. Quite an upgrade from her little Polo (seen behind).

With this nice new vehicle comes a catch... I don't actually have a car of my own (once we sell her Polo). We share a car (have done so for 5 years), and it works out fine 95% of the time as we commute by bus most days, I have a motorbike, and most other places we either travel together or one of us is happy staying at home.

However, when it comes to transporting muddy MTB's (and bums), the new car will be off-limits (at least until the shine wears off) so I either need to get a roof-rack & carrier, a towbar and carrier, or find a something to cover the interior with 😅

9 hours ago, patches said:

With this nice new vehicle comes a catch... I don't actually have a car of my own (once we sell her Polo). We share a car (have done so for 5 years), and it works out fine 95% of the time as we commute by bus most days, I have a motorbike, and most other places we either travel together or one of us is happy staying at home.

However, when it comes to transporting muddy MTB's (and bums), the new car will be off-limits (at least until the shine wears off) so I either need to get a roof-rack & carrier, a towbar and carrier, or find a something to cover the interior with 😅

great choice of vehicle. Plenty power from that T5 motor and all the safety you can think of.

used to love surprising the boy races with their hothatches when I drove these.

16 hours ago, patches said:

Was about to comment on the lack of a roof rack for the real transport ....

On 5/14/2022 at 12:50 AM, ChrisF said:

Was about to comment on the lack of a roof rack for the real transport ....

I think those are for me to purchase. Fair enough, haha

Looking at getting some black Thule Wingbar Edges. Way cheaper than the R25,000 (equiv) that Volvo charges for a towbar... ouch!

Edited by patches

14 hours ago, patches said:

I think those are for me to purchase. Fair enough, haha

Looking at getting at getting black Thule Wingbar Edge's. Way cheaper than the R25,000 (equiv) that Volvo charges for a towbar... ouch!

Same pricing as here. But it’s not just a lump of steel, comes with its own computer box to tell the car what’s what with the rig. 

Went in for a roll of rim tape, left with much more. 

I’ve been wanting 160mm rotor for the front since I bought the bike, but then you can’t really put new rotor and not new pads

41 minutes ago, ouzo said:

Same pricing as here. But it’s not just a lump of steel, comes with its own computer box to tell the car what’s what with the rig. 

I concur, when I had my volvo, the towbar had its own computer module. 

On 5/10/2022 at 7:16 AM, michaelbiker said:

Part one arrived waiting for the controller this week

87F88EA7-C50C-4F96-AE46-5DC4DA5CE225.jpeg.aa8a0f8e7ff84f0134384e1843fdf76a.jpeg

I brought in complete upgrade kits from my last rip to Germany including a spare battery (just to make sure i don't turn into a single speeder on the trails) almost 50% cheaper than local including 19% German VAT - Awesome upgrade very happy with it - changes like butter

Edited by madmarc

On 5/13/2022 at 6:14 AM, patches said:

Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design.

Very Nice Patches. I was doing some cross-shopping with the XC40 earlier this year, it's a great car but in the end went for the same vehicle, but just wearing a different skin (test drive image below). Although as delivery is only meant to be in September, I should maybe post in the "Boast about your latest future purchase here" thread.  And the towbar for the bike rack is also ludicrously expensive, so still debating my options. 

IMG_1038[1].JPG