Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

I would expect so, I got these from Knipe Racing in Durbanville, give them a shout, I’m sure they will be happy to inquire for you.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this new-to-me carbon XTC from @RobertWhitehead today - at probably a quarter of the price of a new carbon mid-level bike but with way better components. It weighs just over 10kg and rides like an absolute dream.

(it’s so lekker that when I got home with it my whole family tried to steal it from me) 

Robert also spent a whole lot of his Sunday upgrading my kiddos brakes and sorting out a chain dropping issue. I have one extremely happy kiddo stopping on a dime and showing me all sorts of tricks now that she has confidence in her brakes. 

IMG_6304.jpeg.0eb69cb7da3367a68c951ccd29f3db54.jpeg

Robert you’re a top class human. Thank you so much! 

Dream bike: Tarmac SL7 Expert 🔥 Managed to get one in my size from Revolution Cycles in CT. 🙌

Took it for a quick (literally) spin yesterday afternoon and it flies. Admittedly, coming from a 2009 Roubaix, a new BMX is probably faster. But man, what an upgrade: disc brakes, carbon wheels, wider tires, and electronic groupset. 🤤

My wife kicked me out of the house so I had to take a photo outside. 😂

IMG_20230527_153445.jpg

Edited by mikkelz

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2023 at 11:05 AM, mikkelz said:

Dream bike: Tarmac SL7 Expert 🔥 Managed to get one in my size from Revolution Cycles in CT. 🙌

Took it for a quick (literally) spin yesterday afternoon and it flies. Admittedly, coming from a 2009 Roubaix, a new BMX is probably faster. But man, what an upgrade: disc brakes, carbon wheels, wider tires, and electronic groupset. 🤤

My wife kicked me out of the house so I had to take a photo outside. 😂

IMG_20230527_153445.jpg

Stunner. Congratulations. Many happy miles.

This is not something you'd easily see on a bicycling forum, but there's a first time for everything.

I learnt to play the piano when I was but a young boy, and got it pretty far right up until Matric. University stepped in, and the music stepped out. I never picked it up again since then, due to the fact that pianos can be rather pricey, and they take up quite a bit of space.

Fast forward to 2023, moving into a larger house, and being a baby boy richer, I decided now is a good time to seriously consider buying one and "restarting". After much FB Marketplace trawling, I found this one in Germiston, and decided to pull the plug and bring it home.

I'm hoping that the instrument will start my son's love for music, and if it doesn't, it's there for mom and dad to play. 

20230615_185431.jpg

On 6/16/2023 at 12:44 PM, mecheng89 said:

This is not something you'd easily see on a bicycling forum, but there's a first time for everything.

I learnt to play the piano when I was but a young boy, and got it pretty far right up until Matric. University stepped in, and the music stepped out. I never picked it up again since then, due to the fact that pianos can be rather pricey, and they take up quite a bit of space.

Fast forward to 2023, moving into a larger house, and being a baby boy richer, I decided now is a good time to seriously consider buying one and "restarting". After much FB Marketplace trawling, I found this one in Germiston, and decided to pull the plug and bring it home.

I'm hoping that the instrument will start my son's love for music, and if it doesn't, it's there for mom and dad to play. 

20230615_185431.jpg

If it needs tuning, I know of someone who is very good. And not too far from you. 

Enjoy! Wish I had the talent. 

9 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

Thought I just had to pick this one at a bargain price, last of 2022 stock @ R15k less.

trek emonda SL5.jpg

Now That's a Premium Bicycle ! Many Happy Miles of Smiles.