Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the slack you were expecting leaked out of the holes, along with your dignity......

I have a sewer removal business and a few years ago on Christmas eve, I got called out to a restaurant whose tank we service.

Upon arrival I saw that the tank wasn't full and after I emptied it we found that they had a blockage.

Then the ....hit the fan, or the crocks. I opened a manhole and the line decided that the easiest way out was by the manhole I opened. I was ankle deep in ......and when I took my first step, the soft solids pushed through the holes in the crocks, looked like a wors stopper.

I have a sewer removal business and a few years ago on Christmas eve, I got called out to a restaurant whose tank we service.

Upon arrival I saw that the tank wasn't full and after I emptied it we found that they had a blockage.

Then the ....hit the fan, or the crocks. I opened a manhole and the line decided that the easiest way out was by the manhole I opened. I was ankle deep in ......and when I took my first step, the soft solids pushed through the holes in the crocks, looked like a wors stopper.

Thats quite a K@K picture to envision!!!

Edited by Eddy Gordo

Got these tyres today, thanks to Francois from Rush Sports and Pieter from Beans about Bikes Mosselbay for helping me out. [emoji6]

New rim tubeless tape and new tubeless valves.

Will leave the tyres in the sun tomorrow and fit them during the day.

Can't wait to go for a ride. 6a68465ee76eac6b767d7f3ac7fecb85.jpg7e63ecc49213bf0f8326eb625e78177d.jpg

Tyres fitted, struggled a bit but no deflating on either one.

So eager for a ride, felt that front wheel doesn't turn easily, checked bearings of the wheel and both turns like grinding paste [emoji848] 77fbe6532a97c08e44fcac8fb2571c98.jpg943c01d62c3c95f9c577b5af2b5f497a.jpg17ca4c7a6a33ccf371576d26c6986ca6.jpg

Tyres fitted, struggled a bit but no deflating on either one.

So eager for a ride, felt that front wheel doesn't turn easily, checked bearings of the wheel and both turns like grinding paste [emoji848]

OUCH !  :thumbdown:   :eek:

Looked at YOUR posts last night ... got my lazy butt in gear, off to the garage to fit my new rear tire ....

Removing the wheel I felt the bearings are grinding ....  :wacko:   :thumbdown:   (60 km after the dealer's bike shop fitted a new cassette)

Took the bike in this morning to Mark's for a proper service.

uhm .... still have to replace the old tire ....  :whistling:   :ph34r:

OUCH ! [emoji107] :eek:

Looked at YOUR posts last night ... got my lazy butt in gear, off to the garage to fit my new rear tire ....

Removing the wheel I felt the bearings are grinding .... :wacko: [emoji107] (60 km after the dealer's bike shop fitted a new cassette)

uhm .... still have to replace the old tire .... :whistling: :ph34r:

Ja, sometimes we neglect to check the basics. And in the end it could be a costly issue later on.

Removing the wheel I felt the bearings are grinding .... :wacko: [emoji107] (60 km after the dealer's bike shop fitted a new cassette)

uhm .... still have to replace the old tire .... :whistling:

Luckily my tyre levers are reinforced with alu or steel inside, otherwise I would've broken a whole lot of tyre levers.

uhm .... still have to replace the old tire .... :whistling:

Luckily my tyre levers are reinforced with alu or steel inside, otherwise I would've broken a whole lot of tyre levers.

DONE  :thumbup:  :clap:

Tires goes onto the wide rims very easily ... no levers needed ....

ooooooppppssss .... TOO easily .... not a dem can you seat that tire ....  :wacko:   :eek:

Okay .... calm down .... breathhhh ..... think .... what did the Hub-experts say about such cases ....  off with the tire, two extra layers of gorilla tape, back on with the tire, and it seats perfectly.  :thumbup:

THANKS HUBBERS  :clap:

Sludge, valve, inflate .... shake it baby, shake it .... back to the garage, shake it some more .... will check tomorrow, inflate to the right pressure, then off to the trails.

this is pure therapy after a cr@ppy office week .....  :whistling:

two extra layers of gorilla tape, back on with the tire, and it seats perfectly.

Did exactly that last night to make sure that I don't need te do it over again when it leaks at spokes.

Got new rims after I destroyed my previous front rim.  Besides being very narrow and flimsy rims, it snapped on the seem at about 8km into a ride at Modderfontein, had to walk my @rse off back to the start ...  :wacko: .

New rims fitted and what a big difference, I didn't think the feel would be so much different, a lot more solid & stable.  Although I added a few grams to the weight, its worth it.  Can now fit much wider tyres as a added bonus.

Fulcrum Red Zone 7 rims.  Anyone else have these?  What's your opinion on them?

post-160286-0-86139800-1615022540_thumb.jpeg

I had a set of fulcrums for a day! LOL, it turns out I am too heavy for them, so check the weight restriction. Also welded rim joins seem to last better than pinned ones.

I had a set of fulcrums for a day! LOL, it turns out I am too heavy for them, so check the weight restriction. Also welded rim joins seem to last better than pinned ones.

Weight restriction is 110kg, I'm properly under that so should be OK.

So it isn't that difficult to do wheelbearings at all, took the old ones out last night, wifey went to town so she got me a new set for the front wheel. Did it myself today, sjoe, very impressed with my fixing skills. Want to do the rear wheel but will take the old ones out in the week, get new ones and replace them.