Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Yeah this new trend of bar bags amuses me a little.

People bang on about aero and how the biggest gains are at the front of the bike, and then o goes a bag *confused*.

Yeah, not sure that most people who have gravel bike and flares bang on about aero. 

But if somebody puts a bar bag on a Venge, then yes that is amusing. 

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

where is the best place for a torque wrench ?

Depends on quality and torque range you looking for.

They can really range in quality and price.

My 1/4 inch drive “bicycle” one is ParkTool and I bought it online from EVObikes.

My 3/8 inch “motobike” one is over the top fancy and is a Bluepoint which I got from the Toolshop in StrydomPark.

My 1/2 inch “car and engine” one I got from Ardendorf in Randburg.

Same as when people debate aero or climbing bike, then decide on aero bike, because speed, Then they set it up with 60mm of spacers, 80mm stem and flaring shirts and sit in the bunch all day.

Wish bike marketing became simpler:

Buy this bike, it will make you want to ride more and it makes parts of you tingle.

This (along with the limited budget) is why I just ride a couch, slightly heavy, slightly aero and the legs must do the rest.

Yeah, not sure that most people who have gravel bike and flares bang on about aero.

But if somebody puts a bar bag on a Venge, then yes that is amusing.

That’s the thing, I was listening to the commentary on the Tour de La Provence and they were saying that one of the riders had been out a little bit before to scout the stage on his fancy race bike and with a bar bag. I’m sure he wasn’t trying for a PB or anything that day, but it still sounded like an odd combo and something that’s apparently becoming more common.

To be honest, I’m okay with people doing pretty much whatever makes them happy(within reason). It just seems odd because it’s contradictory; but all power to them.

Edited by The Ghost

.................Also look at the range of T-wrenches with a preset torque value. With a 5N.m and a 6N.m T-wrench you seldom need the traditional shaped torque wrench.

Just for interests sake, in my work I use torque wrenches that go from 15 to 35 Ncm - yes, no kidding - Newton CENTIMETRES, not metres. Very delicate instruments and freakishly expensive. 

Just for interests sake, in my work I use torque wrenches that go from 15 to 35 Ncm - yes, no kidding - Newton CENTIMETRES, not metres. Very delicate instruments and freakishly expensive. 

come on admit it .... you just work to "feel" and once it goes crack you back it off a little again

come on admit it .... you just work to "feel" and once it goes crack you back it off a little again

:D Those little titanium screws are so scary expensive I really tighten them with the torgue wrench only. But I have measured and my tightest finger-tight between thumb & index finger is pretty consistently 15 Ncm.

She's arrived in a container on a ship from the East this week. Now for the week ahead that will feel as long as a season. Thanx to @Spinnekop for all the rock solid guidance along the way.

IMG_3503.jpg

Mine is also that shipment ????