Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have an idea on the average weight of the Hyrax? I did a demo on one a short while ago, and it honestly felt like a 20kilo bike. Although in its defence, it had burly tyres and tools hidden in all sorts of places

Hi, my Slackline is just over 15kg, with SRAM GX and aluminium wheels, Maxxis EXO+ tires, Cushcore and coil shock. I havent weighed it in ages so dont know exactly and dont care anymore. 

I am particular in terms of what tires I put on, as that makes the difference for me in terms of how quick the bike feels

You should be able to get a Hyrax to lowish 14kg without spending an arm and a leg

A lot depends what your frame of reference is and what your expectations are

• 3 weeks later...

Posted Today, 12:35

So I finally collected the bike on Friday and went for an easy 45km ride on Saturday. I am absolutely ecstatic with the bike. She rides so incredibly well and is super fun!

I think a lot of people get caught up comparing bikes on paper, chasing numbers or the latest and greatest. Worth more than anything you can buy is the fun factor and this bike has it all and leaves you feeling like a kid all over again!

The fox float evol at the back and MRP in front is sublime and overall the bike is seriously confidence inspiring.

I went with the GX build and carbon rims and a custom paint job done by Graeme at Carbon Ninja.

post-79549-0-54292400-1614595139_thumb.jpg

post-79549-0-16035100-1614595154_thumb.jpg

post-79549-0-08439200-1614595243_thumb.jpg

Nice bike! Love my Stage, and I recognise the paint job, I know who did that for ya! Love the black to green fade from the rocker arm. Enjoy.

• 4 weeks later...

I Discovered a crack in rear rim of my OneTen a couple of months ago. I Decided to ad some color to make it stand out a bit more. I Also decided to do a custom wheel build and that is where the color started. 

Orange........hubs, rim decals, grips and frame guard.

My wife says it looks weird but I love it !

post-62204-0-44310400-1616740039_thumb.jpeg

post-62204-0-82165700-1616740063_thumb.jpeg

post-62204-0-10627900-1616740089_thumb.jpeg

post-62204-0-75651700-1616740109_thumb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I run a 120mm drop on my Stage. I’m 175 with a 76cm inside leg length. The advise I’d give is to get the most drop your saddle position allows. Each model of dropper will have a guide to choosing this but basically you measure the ideal height of your saddle at full extension, then subtract the seat height and height of the collar of the post. This will leave you with a range of drop to work with. I’m a bit conservative so I’d often go about 10-20mm less than what this figure provides.

So many vids online to help you with more detail than the above.

I want to add a dropper post - large frame Pyga Stage. What size do people usually go with? 100mm? I'm 1.79m

I've replaced the 100mm SID world cup with a Fox 34 Factory SC 120mm. Very happy with it!

Eyeballing your bike from Cape Town, I reckon you could do a 150mm dropper.

Perhaps something like this one : https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/dropper-seat-posts/460126/lyne-xl-dropper-post-150mm-internal-309

I'm quite keen to join this Pyga train. Saw a oneten frame for sale a while back but the seller hasn't responded, anybody have contact details?

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/dual-suspension-mountain-bike-frames/456824/pyga-110-frame

Can’t help regards seller but can tell you the OneTen is a phenomenal bike. I’m rebuilding mine into a bike for my wife and am slightly nostalgic about it. I love my Stage and my Reeb, but I’ve had my OneTen 7yrs now and it is more capable than I’ll ever be.

Can’t help regards seller but can tell you the OneTen is a phenomenal bike. I’m rebuilding mine into a bike for my wife and am slightly nostalgic about it. I love my Stage and my Reeb, but I’ve had my OneTen 7yrs now and it is more capable than I’ll ever be.

Rebuilding mine for my Boet as well.....  :D

Hey everyone. I am currently in the process of upgrading the OneTen with some new bits and bobs. 

I've purchased the Shimano XT 1x12 groupset, and the current wheels are unable to accomodate the new microspline standard.

I am also a bit unsure of which wheels can accomodate this. It's my understanding that non boost is the older tech, so it's getting harder to find wheels to fit my specific requirement. 

Are any OneTen owners currently running a 1x12 Shimano setup? Are you able to share the wheelset you're running? 

Or can anyone recommend a wheelset that would fit my groupset?