So I survived my 1st interrogation

akneethling

So I decided to buy a cheapie to do some training rides on, and just pop down to the shop with..... and I eventually got it, Paid R4000 second hand. So I decided to pop down to my local shopping centre with it. Shorts, T-Shirt, takkies........ None of the usual kit as it was a 1km ride (2km round trip). So my buddy was waiting outside while I got the goods inside the supermarket. I come outside, and this guy approaches me to ask me how much I paid for the bike. I told him 4k.......... It was only at that time that I noticed the Dirty Looks from 3 other peple....... who were with the guy asking me the questions about the bike I was riding. It then dawned on me that this was one of those......... He must have stole that bike MOMENTS......... Or my other favourite...... "if it walks like a duck" comments. I then continued my conversation unphased, and I think I passed my interrogation...... Much to the dismay of the onlookers, who were still giving me dirty looks. The guy even told me he has a TFS900 that is worth R27000........ WOW. I said it must be a Big-Nine....... all I got back was a blank stare.

Needless to say, I'm not WHITE........ And the aggressors were. I'm not suprised, but I am kinda OFFENDED.

I certainly expect to be attacked verbally and threatened for mentioning this, but I guess I can't really be offended If I'm coloured with a decent MTB not wearing any kit, riding to the shop, past a bunch of RACIST WHITE PEOPLE....... WHAT WAS I THINKING..... In this day and age

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question - Did they verbally confirm that its because of your colour?

What made you assume its a racial issue and not a (like Azonic said) a tekkie and shorts thing?

I hope this thread dies in its tracks.

Edited by Karma

Question - Did they verbally confirm that its because of your colour?

What made you assume its a racial issue and not a (like Azonic said) a tekkie and shorts thing?

I hope this thread dies in its tracks.

Or a slops, clipless and so on idea...

Tell me again how the racist white people attacked you.

Go play your little race card somewhere else.

Here we aren't white, brown, black, yellow, pink or purple. Here we are cyclists. All with a single goal in mind. To have fun.

"Single" too much single speed talk i like

so you are one of the privileged bastards than is inflating the price of bikes on the secondhand marketcursing.gif

A lot of this k@k coming up on TheHub lately.

Maybe tell us what bike you bought for R4k and that may shed some light on whether or not the so called interrogation was justified.

Maybe you just dropped R4k on a second hand 26" bike in which case you got ripped off, cos those 26" wheels are so last season, and deserved the dirty looks ;)

Either way, go whine to your local political blog spot or go write to our Critical Mass journo friend but keep this rubbish off TheHub. Mind you... Didn't some oke get flamed for suggesting this was a cycling forum just a few days ago... so maybe this is the correct platform. Who knows.

Edited by Ryanpmb