Shocking incident between van driver and cyclists in Camps Bay

Surv0MTB

Seems I have touched a nerve, U must be a friend or even family of the van gang, but don't get upset I will tell the story as it happened.

Learn to quit whilst you're ahead, you and your mates will never justify the thuggish behaviour illustrated on the video.

If the video wasn't taken, you may have gotten away with it. Thank heavens for smartphones and social media.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PPA CONDEMNS CYCLISTS’ BEHAVIOUR

The Pedal Power Association has condemned the behaviour of a group of cyclists on Sunday wherein they assaulted a motorist in Sea Point, in the strongest possible terms and are investigating the incident as a matter of urgency. Once all the facts have been received, disciplinary action will take place

Good for them :thumbup:

Learn to quit whilst you're ahead, you and your mates will never justify the thuggish behaviour illustrated on the video.

If the video wasn't taken, you may have gotten away with it. Thank heavens for smartphones and social media.

Learn to quit whilst you're ahead, IN ALL HONESTY THESE OKES WERE NEVER AHEAD :whistling: :whistling:

Seems I have touched a nerve, U must be a friend or even family of the van gang, but don't get upset I will tell the story as it happened.

Lol - this is a sign of putting foot in mouth and trying to get out of it.

What nerve are you referring to? The nerve you hit with pepper spray or the one you hit with a bicycle wheel?

So finally reached the end of this and I feel I have to add my contribution

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zeGr4n0zDuU/TkGyX4B8RpI/AAAAAAAAAqE/TBBaQOUr6qE/s640/grammerquote.jpg

http://www.rottenecards.com/ecards/Rottenecards_2441929_ycs9brwff4.png

But on a more serious note I have to say let's hope the comments on YouTube don't come to pass or cycling will be banned and we will all be staked and burned

Look closely and U see a couple of youngsters in the clip, 1or2 of them was stuck by objects that was thrown from the van,yes the guys in the van still had a good time about it and there was about 6 or 7 of them in the van. Question: what if one of the youngsters fell and a car hit him? What if a cyclist got hurt because of the stupidity of the van driver and his buddies what then? Yes I was much closer than Simon and know what really happened

Can you please let us know the SAPS case number of the case the cyclists reported to the police of the assault on them before they responded in self defense ?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zeGr4n0zDuU/TkGyX4B8RpI/AAAAAAAAAqE/TBBaQOUr6qE/s640/grammerquote.jpg

But on a more serious note I have to say let's hope the comments on YouTube don't come to pass or cycling will be banned and we will all be staked and burned

Easy this is a family show :eek:

dont think this is the place for silly troll comments.

With your tone and that of all the fesh CPT posters that just popped up i couldnt really care about your side of the story..it will be skewed... PPA will sort you thugs in lycra out... still have attitude when you stuffing it up for the rest ..

WAKEUP !!

Oh come now... A bit of humour never hurt anyone (except said driver after his mates sprayed some lycras with water). Go see the comments on YouTube. Like we are baying for the heads of these thuggish cyclists, it seems the rest of the world is baying for the heads of ALL cyclists!

Please do. Unless the oke killed someone and drove off, there's no justification for moering him with a bike. Ever. The end.

Even then, you'll have to come up with a pretty good defence.

I don't want to jump the gun, but I'm guessing the story will go something like:

"He vloeked my mother (probably because I was breaking about 73 road rules) and I had to moer him because if I didn't teach him a lesson everybody would laugh at me and then my dinges would fall off."

How close am I?

There is no problem in the world that can be solved by trying to shove a bicycle down a guy's throat, I can almost guarantee it. Either give us your side of the story (and make it good) or go and face the consequences of your actions instead of hiding behind a keyboard.

Maybe not, maybe so. Now i know roadies are in general afraid of water but i have to admit that i for one enjoy the cooling effect of a spray of water while cycling. maybe just maybe it's the mountain biker hiding within that longs for water, mud and guts. will have to let him out soon :P

The possible positive of this disappointing state of affairs is that cyclists will seriously reflect on their behavior the minute they roll with their bikes out of their driveways.

A wake-up call of some kind.

Good on yah. If there is positives to be drawn from this, but I believe there is. At the very least this club and the particular members involved will realize how far reaching their actions has been. I'm convinced they can only learn from this and "we" as a collective community have a responsibility to help them grow.

All I have to say to the guys from MCC if they ever read this is: I've had friends from Norway, Dubai and London now asking me about this. Because whenever I've invited them to the Argus, all I've ever told them is how great the cycle tour is. What a beautiful city Cape Town is. How friendly the people is. And now they see this. I don't have answers for them. But to you guys. There are people out there (me excluded) who work tirelessly to promote this country and city as a tourist destination. Not for themselves but for the benefit of everyone of us. Our actions do affect the people around us. What's happened here is being condemned and rightly so. But for the sake of the community where this club is operational(and I come from a community like that) as someone else pointed out earlier.... "would you rather have these kids growing up doing drugs and s**t...." At least you have these kids involved in activities and a position where you can still nurture and guide them. When we falter, let's dust ourselves off and try again.

There is no problem in the world that can be solved by trying to shove a bicycle down a guy's throat, I can almost guarantee it.

Maybe he wasn't trying to moer the driver with the bike, perhaps he liked the van as he was tired of pedaling and wanted to swap? @ Surv0MTB - that is a useless troll comment :ph34r: