Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

What always amazes me in a discussion around expensive bicycles is the assumption that only stupid people spend big money on bikes.

What's the deal hear? Only stupid people make money. I dunno. I have some very wealthy friends. They are well smart. I know a guy that recently launched an international burger franchise in SA. He is not the worlds best cyclist but hell is he bright. He can buy any bike he feels like.

There you go Wyatt. Doing my bit to keep this dead horse moving

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What always amazes me in a discussion around expensive bicycles is the assumption that only stupid people spend big money on bikes.

What's the deal hear?

I know quite a few guys that have taken a extra bond on their house to buy a bike.....that's stupid.

What's the deal hear? Only stupid people make money. I dunno. I have some very wealthy friends. They are well smart. I know a guy that recently launched an international burger franchise in SA. He is not the worlds best cyclist but hell is he bright. He can buy any bike he feels like.

We know the same people :)

to get back to my earlier point I am sure there are many of us out here who want to know, if 2 frames come out the same factory in taiwan or china what makes the one so much better than the other,

please understand i think people selling no name bikes branded with a high end name should be hung up by the nuts, but I have been offered a frame by an importer who says there is no difference,

hubbers without being condescending give me advice

to get back to my earlier point I am sure there are many of us out here who want to know, if 2 frames come out the same factory in taiwan or china what makes the one so much better than the other,

please understand i think people selling no name bikes branded with a high end name should be hung up by the nuts, but I have been offered a frame by an importer who says there is no difference,

That dude from last night also said he rides a fake bike and it's a very nice ride! And he has ridden on almost all the different bike!

AA, hats off dude. I would've pitched up with some biker buds and trashed his shop. Especially if I was told I knew and I should take a lie detector test.

Now, wtf can we trust?? Where and how can I check the authenticity of my baiesukkel. It's not a Pina (me poor, no money)

I know quite a few guys that have taken a extra bond on their house to buy a bike.....that's stupid.

Who would do that? Crazy!

If the OEM is indeed slipping frames specifically (and exclusively) made for a big name brand out the back door, then they are illegitimate, especially if they are being sold under the original brand name. Otherwise, they are clones made elsewhere, and who knows how. Just as illegit.

All this attention for a fake bike! I wonder if all you "Fake Bike Activitists" out there put this much effort into bigger issues like the state of our roads, corruption, etolls, rape, farm murders, the secrecy bill, the state of our nation etc. or are you silent and complacent on these issues.

Is that you Peanut Butter?

post-39984-0-72170000-1396872198_thumb.jpg

If you take out another bond to pay for a bike you haven't earned the money in a smart way aka you're a dumbass financially... but then again I'm no Einstein when it comes to making money smartly so I should probably shut up. Hi Jack off!

I've heard many times about how these fake frames come out of the same factory as the real ones, so essentially it's the same thing etc etc.

I have no basis for comparrison, but I have however seen the quality of the Fake Oakleys, Fake Nike's, Fake Addidas etc. You just need to take a walk around the Workshop Shopping Centre in Durban.

The Nigerians peddle any brand you want - all fakes. At least they dont sell them at Genuine Product prices, but that's not the point of my post.

The point is the quality in inferior to the real McCoy. Some copies are better than others, but there is no way they are made in the same factory as the originals. In short, it's crap.

I suspect that these Fake bicycle frames are the same crap.

thermoplastic Injection moulding is a much less capital intensive undertaking compared to thermoset mouldling.Much much easier to replicate a pair of sunglasses than a carbon bike frame. also the raw materials for thermoplastics can be reused in another product. Once thermoset is cured its cured. no recycling, straight to landfill

I agree completely.

Let the person buy whatever he/she wants.

My bike purchases are limited by:

a) finances

b) personal preferences (steel)

c) the minister of finance (my wife)

d) a self-imposed cap in spending dictated by a self-assessment of my ability. I.O.W. I am too slow and fat to warrant the spend on a top tier carbon fibre race bike of any description.