• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Road legal?

Price please?

Road legal...ish!

It was road legal but it didn't pass it's last annual WoF (Warrant of Fitness) because the vehicle inspector didn't think 6000 lumens of LED goodness was appropriate for public roads.

So I have since removed the rally tower and I'm in the process of reverting it back to standard so that it can pass the WoF.

Once WoF'd a rego paid it'l go up for sale. I'm looking for about 6500 NZD, which will include a new spare set of plastics (in black).

Anyone got any experience with Xramp bikeracks? my towbar is rated for 160kg static/tongue weight, and my 125 weighs like 90kg so not really a issue.

Road legal...ish!

It was road legal but it didn't pass it's last annual WoF (Warrant of Fitness) because the vehicle inspector didn't think 6000 lumens of LED goodness was appropriate for public roads.

So I have since removed the rally tower and I'm in the process of reverting it back to standard so that it can pass the WoF.

Once WoF'd a rego paid it'l go up for sale. I'm looking for about 6500 NZD, which will include a new spare set of plastics (in black).

We can chat over a ride sometime......

After much prevarication between a 2017 Africa Twin and a 2014 XT1200 this machine threw me a curve ball and stole my Randellas! A 2015 1190 by our Orange friends. Will Thursday get some Anakee Wild Tyres and a Remus end can. Buggar it is quick......thought not as brutal as Big Zed the ZRX1200 R.

Top speed is ridiculous for an Adventure bike and the various rider modes will take a bit of getting used to. Top box is now removed, as usefull as they are, I don’t like them.post-52292-0-71134400-1582671481_thumb.jpeg

After much prevarication between a 2017 Africa Twin and a 2014 XT1200 this machine threw me a curve ball and stole my Randellas! A 2015 1190 by our Orange friends. Will Thursday get some Anakee Wild Tyres and a Remus end can. Buggar it is quick......though not as brutal as Big Zed the ZRX1200 R.

Top speed is ridiculous for an Adventure bike and the various rider modes will take a bit of getting used to. Top box is now removed, as usefull as they are, I don’t like them.post-52292-0-71134400-1582671481_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Spokey

Anyone got any experience with Xramp bikeracks? my towbar is rated for 160kg static/tongue weight, and my 125 weighs like 90kg so not really a issue.

I have one. I put it on a LR Discovery and have used it for a KTM 640 Adventure (at least 160kg) and a 525 (120kg).  You could feel the 640 a little but the 525 was fine. Just a bit tedious to take off the ball hitch (needed for Thule bike rack) and put the XRamp fitting on - I wouldn't mind a combo fitting.  So tedious that I bought a trailer.

Spokey,

A friend of mine has a guesthouse in George and has offered me free accommodation. I may ride up there sometime in the next couple of months and if I do I will try to contact you to arrange a ride.

Are you a member of wilddogs?