Who else is sick at the moment?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have post nasal drip through and through but worse at nightt, it wakes me up to cough at 2am for almost a week now. but its only on my throat, just wondering if riding might trigger something and make me sick again.

I have post nasal drip through and through but worse at nightt, it wakes me up to cough at 2am for almost a week now. but its only on my throat, just wondering if riding might trigger something and make me sick again.

If you ride, work up a sweat and then get chilly - that might do it.

Apparently some swine flu doing the rounds in GP. Myself and the twins are confined to the house till the end of the week.

yup, couple of Swine flu cases.

I started to feel progressively worse since monday. Maybe need a week to chill and recover, but real life has other plans.

I am starting to feel really depressed because of my inability to train, and this constant feeling like crap.

Apparently some swine flu doing the rounds in GP. Myself and the twins are confined to the house till the end of the week.

Off topic but didn't you move to Oz?

About 4 weeks ago, I had to extract my Root Canal Tooth, because it keeps on forming abscesses at the root. So after the extraction, I was on Antibiotics for 7 days, but now it seems every 2 weeks I keep on getting like a cold for about 2 days, then its gone. I go about my training again, but after 2 weeks bam, again.. So gatvol. I do take extra Vitamins and 2000mg Vit C everyday.

• 2 weeks later...

So, yesterday saw me going for a ride (first outdoor since sani) for the first time in 16 Days. 

Only did 18kms at a very sedate pace. Legs felt OK, lungs was straining.

This has been the longest break in cycling since november 2018.

Will be back on the trainer this week and just take it easy to start off. 

this illness has taken a serious toll, physically as well as mentally. Fark our current lifestyle and this smog ridden place that is JHB!!!

• 1 month later...

Yes it eventually happened. Started feeling funny on Thursday went to the doc. on Friday....Big antibiotic pills and i am out for the Tsitsikamma Traverse. What a bummer, training for a long time now and just BOOM game over. I will go as a spectator and make good use of the stuff they Brew there ! I wonder if the 2 back to back days stuffed up my immune system last weekend??

I am sick for the second time this year. I think the ones with little ones around are more likely to get sick more often. The kids get sick quickly and then it's just a game of pass it on. When my brother gets to work and starts with a "blaf" I start doping myself with vitamins. It used to work but not this year unfortunately.

I watched a comedian on YouTube the other day who referred to his kids as "little human petri dishes"

I was proud of myself for keeping the bugs at bay with my salt water solution.

Then last week Sunday I skipped my ride in favour of doing some manual labour in the garden before attending a lunch.

Sweated like crazy doing the manual labour, showered and went off to the lunch. Right about half way through the lunch I felt the burning in the back of my throat and knew right away I was in for it.

Its been a week now, I can hardly talk (which is a problem if you're a salesman). It got me bad.

• 1 month later...

So here I sit again after 23 years with another fusion done on my foot. Will be out of cycling for at least 6 weeks but it will be better afterwards. Wheelchair and crutches bound for the time being.6b53585d3ffdf2ef2dd5c9fed1d44ee3.jpg