Daryl Impey cleared!

NotSoBigBen

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slight off topic, while back we were riding the Lido when we were joined by some riders including a female in SA colours, we were puzzled to who she was until we found out it was Daryls girlfriend who borrowed his top for the ride.

Back to topic.

Thats awkward as Impey is married...

Additionally, Impey has never won the road race, so only wears "SA champs" skin-suits from winning the SA Champs TT for the last two years.

Call me a skeptic, but I call bullsh*t on that one!

How unlucky are these pros :whistling: ....seems the ol contamination defence held up.

Doesn't matter, records state he isn't guilty, so he isn't.

As a vindicated rider he should now use the opportunity and noise this will make to input some real positive changes to the speed of SAIDS admin. Hope the pharmacist learnt a lesson in hand washing!

Ah, the hub lynch mob can't let go of the bone.

I will call you a "skeptic" , and I will also call you a potential defendant.

Naïve (of a person or action) showing a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment.

So tell me... If we give Daryl the benefit of the doubt based on what (at best) a sketchy sounding story, surely we need to give the likes of Contador who "accidentally ate tainted beef" and Frank Schleck the benefit of the doubt as well?

Now I'm not singling out Daryl, I'm just saying that nearly all pro-cyclists are doping in some way or another and if you don't believe that, I would suggest you read the definition on the first line of this comment.

Yea, and I hope SAIDS get forced to take a large chilli suppository.

Actually SAIDS has no fault on their side. They did the test according to protocol (no matter how long it takes to get the results, which sometimes are up to the labs and not SAIDS) and gave the results and suspension, they heard his side (and tested it, as it was his job to defend himself and prove himself not guilty) and withdrew the allegations/sanctioning.

They did their job, correctly and thoroughly at that.

@NSBB whilst I get the intended pun in the thread heading, may I suggest that you change it to something like : "Impey found innocent - Saids apologise".

the phrase "gets off scott free" is traditionally associated with a guilty person who gets off, and evades conviction and punishment. It is not fair to tar Darryl Impey with this brush.

And as Tumbles has pointed out, this fiasco has cost him millions in lost income, reputational damage in going from hero to "doper" - and I cannot begin to imagine the anguish that he and his family have gone through. Why Saids delayed the sample results is beyond me, why they had chose to release them just in time to cost him the tdf is totally inexcusable.

I hope Darryl sues them and recovers every cent that he lost. F$&@ing beaurocrats play god, they should all be shot.

Lets see what Darryl does now. I'm sure there will be a press release at least.