Local Online Bike Shop - Bad Experience

An3

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No offence but seriously, what were you thinking, that you are going to get two bikes for free?

We have pointed out bargain hunters or cheap skates on the hub before, it has been discussed... they dont like paying for quality

These are the same type of people that offer you half of your asking price on something you advertise

I have decided end the thread here.

I really do not have the energy to deal with this company.

I will however send one last email to them stating that I want a 56cm and 58cm and that they must please expedite my order :)

For the record, I never actually expected 2 bikes with a combined value of R200 000.

Bike Shop owners: Please check your website content and take ownership for mistakes. And if you are using a 3rd party - make sure that you have a contract in place to protect you against their mistakes.

Update:

I phoned the company. The person who responded is the owner.

I said to him that I do not expect one or two bikes but I do expect an apology in writing and that I would then be quite happy for this to be the end of this saga.

He responded that I must first cancel my order in writing, which I am not prepared to do.

Probably a matter of who's willing to let their pride take a back seat. Clearly neither of you are willing.... sorry to hear.

Update:

I said to him that I do not expect one or two bikes but I do expect an apology in writing and that I would then be quite happy for this to be the end of this saga.

He responded that I must first cancel my order in writing, which I am not prepared to do.

Two words: drama llama

I will however send one last email to them stating that I want a 56cm and 58cm and that they must please expedite my order :)

For the record, I never actually expected 2 bikes with a combined value of R200 000.

Bike Shop owners: Please check your website content and take ownership for mistakes. And if you are using a 3rd party - make sure that you have a contract in place to protect you against their mistakes.

Liewe aarde, you really showed them... :whistling:

Update:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/thumbnail_570x321/2012/04/dawson_crying.jpg

I would still Love to know what Online Retailer would threaten to Run to my Boss, because I question a mistake on his website...I agree it was all a lot of Hot Air but the retailer still sounds like a bit of a kn#b to me.

Dude, The Hub will decide when to end this thread. Its never up to the OP. You will either be tarred and feathered, named hero or both when these guys are done with you....

Just as a matter of interest what did you expect?