Show us your KOMs on Strava

Ryno.

They should run that retrospectively and weed out all the existing problems. By my calculations this would move me up to 2487th on my local climb  :clap:

If the leaderboards are already filled with eBikes and drives home then this won't really fix them. Still cool that it will prevent it going forward.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some good news for those "worried" about losing your KOM to a person that forgets to switch off their unit when driving home, or other suspected inaccurate activities:

https://blog.strava.com/theyre-here-updates-to-the-feed-segments-and-more/?utm_source=strava&utm_medium=dorado

6]Auto-Flagging for Accuracy

6]From now on, we’ll be working to cut down on the number of leaderboards that are clearly inaccurate and unfair. To do this, we improved the algorithm behind our auto-detection of segment records that aren’t quite right. Starting this week, when a new effort on a segment doesn't look right, or even possible, that athlete will get a notification – on their phone and Strava.com – that their effort was automatically flagged.

6]

Module-2.png

6] We know most of the time flagged activities are an honest mistake. You finish a hard workout, barely catch your breath, then drive away at 40mph without hitting stop on your watch or phone. It can happen to anyone. But now, once you’re notified about your flagged activity, you can edit your workout to remove the unintended data – right from your phone.

Activity cropping is simple, quick and perfect for those times you could’ve sworn you’d finished recording.

To crop an inaccurate activity: click into your activity’s details and tap the three dots at the top right corner. Then, select Crop and use the slider tool to select the correct time when the activity started and ended.

We’re stoked to help both your activities and segment leaderboards stay more accurate and authentic than before.

Module-2b.png

The phone crop does not work. I cropped two races where I just cropped the 3 minutes after the race where we had a chat behind the line before I stopped my device. Strava took away the last 25km on both rides.

• 2 months later...

We want, we demand, but we don’t want to pay for it.

Sounds alot like the everyday antics of South African citizens, except when they don't get what they want/demand/feel entitled to, then they loot, steal, vandalize and all sorts of other things.

Sounds alot like the everyday antics of South African citizens, except when they don't get what they want/demand/feel entitled to, then they loot, steal, vandalize and all sorts of other things.

The same people that demand free news, but then moan about click bait titles and adverts.

Heaps of people moaning. People threatening to cancel Strava because some features are no longer FREE..... This is a snapshot of what’s wrong with the world today. We want, we demand, but we don’t want to pay for it.

If it means that much to you, pay, it’s the price of a 2 coffees.

I'm obviously at a different stage in life.. I was motivating going Premium for less than two brandy specials, not coffees

Show us your KOMs on Strava

Do we have to show the ones we got during the crackdown as well? Or will the ppa police pick a fight?

Edited by TNT1

Not quite the same thing as people demanding stuff for free.

Strava offered those services for free when most people joined as 1st time strava users / beginners, probably as a means to boost the membership.

I guess they have either got enough paying members now to ignore the freebies or they are running into financial difficulties and trying to boost their income.

The latter would probably work as I expect a certain percentage of freebies will be prepared to pay for the lost functions.

Not quite the same thing as people demanding stuff for free.

Strava offered those services for free when most people joined as 1st time strava users / beginners, probably as a means to boost the membership.

I guess they have either got enough paying members now to ignore the freebies or they are running into financial difficulties and trying to boost their income.

The latter would probably work as I expect a certain percentage of freebies will be prepared to pay for the lost functions.

No, its part of a long term strategy in the SaaS world.

Build scale with low cost penetrative strategy, then monetize.  

They would have likely been running at a loss, by design, to get scale.

Value in growth SaaS companies does not sit in revenues or EBITDA.

Strava is still free, only some features, ones with value, are now behind a pay wall. If something has value, don't give it away for free.

Edited by Patchelicious

At the beginning of our Lockdown , Strava ran a special of R600 (approximately)for a year .

I joined , and now don't actually see the need for TrainingPeaks .

I don't use/have a coach , just used it as a backup and also to see details .

Strava premium now does what I need . 

I think it is fair value .

Perfect.............this will get rid of the strava pretenteous freeloader.............

You might get more shouting "STRAVA" on the trails trying to get into the top t0 !!