Ethics in classifieds!?

JTK

Ask them about the guy from the Cape who found his stolen bike in their shop?

Popcorn

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes indeed, more details please.

Pity, Friday was looking awesome. Guess I will enjoy the small little rain for now.

Pity, Friday was looking awesome. Guess I will enjoy the small little rain for now.

I'd prefer if we can keep this on the downlow , matter has been rectified.

I wanted to say more , but lets be Adults.

mmmm we need more details.

cant complain and then go all ninja quiet on what went down.

they said something that thought would crack up the OP, but it did not, and was not really funny

I'd prefer if we can keep this on the downlow , matter has been rectified.

I wanted to say more , but lets be Adults.

I think you owe it to everyone to explain what the resolution was. 

As far your ad, and some posts go, BikeMarket tried to sabotage your deal without warrant. 

Our perception is still the same as prior to you sorting the issue with them. 

I think you owe it to everyone to explain what the resolution was. 

As far your ad, and some posts go, BikeMarket tried to sabotage your deal without warrant. 

Our perception is still the same as prior to you sorting the issue with them. 

They commented this on my Ad.

I was "de-moer in " but quickly sorted it out.

It was intended as banter , although I can't see how anyone would see it as banter.

I said we should just forget about it and move on.

Ad reposted.

Thats the last I'm going to say about it.

post-46013-0-21035800-1490299540_thumb.png

It was intended as banter , although I can't see how anyone would see it as banter.

Ad reposted.

**** that - I don't see that as a joke at all.

Ad reposted.

Glad it's sorted. Also fail to see the humor in the comment. 

Moving on.

I actually saw the comment, BaGearA put on their post, i didn't see anything wrong with it.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Please do enlighten us.

A guy I know has his bike and car stolen out of his garage in Somerset West.

A couple of weeks later he walked into Bike Market and saw his bike there. He returned with a detective.

The dodgy path has been traced to the seller in the W-Cape who has been picked up.

Due to sensitivity that is all I know, but the guy is like a staffie, so he is driving it hard to get the perps locked up.

Bike Market is like a cash crusaders. It was only a matter of time before they bought a stolen bike. If they follow the right processes and keep correct records then they are complying and in the clear. Judging on this case it seems they do.

I'm pretty sure a lot of stolen stuff gets moved through the Hub classifieds, and by buying here we run the same risk of buying stolen contraband.

A guy I know has his bike and car stolen out of his garage in Somerset West.

A couple of weeks later he walked into Bike Market and saw his bike there. He returned with a detective.

The dodgy path has been traced to the seller in the W-Cape who has been picked up.

Due to sensitivity that is all I know, but the guy is like a staffie, so he is driving it hard to get the perps locked up.

Bike Market is like a cash crusaders. It was only a matter of time before they bought a stolen bike. If they follow the right processes and keep correct records then they are complying and in the clear. Judging on this case it seems they do.

I'm pretty sure a lot of stolen stuff gets moved through the Hub classifieds, and by buying here we run the same risk of buying stolen contraband.

Wonder if Bike Market has a 2hnd goods trading license, if not they would probably be breaking the law by buying and selling used goods at the levels they do. Same as cash Crusaders, they have to have that's Saps certificate up on the wall that enables them to buy 2hnd goods from individuals.

Hi guys! Please help me to understand.

Using this example, https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/240884-chinese-colnago-c60-frame-medium-large/

It's one thing selling chinese frames and bikes, but doesn't it become a problem if you say and brand it as the original?

correct. It's a counterfeit product. Should not be sold in that condition. If he wants to sell it, it needs to be repainted and non-branded. 

Otherwise, he's committing a copyright offence.