ScottCM

Is training peaks worth it?

Thinking of getting up to Marathon level and want to do it smart.

Any comments/suggestions?

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are plenty of god's programs out there that you can follow. Google the ASICS x hour Marathon plan.. Where X is the number of hours you want to complete in. Otherwise... The Garmin plans are quite good.

They will all be around 16 weeks

There are plenty of god's programs out there that you can follow. Google the ASICS x hour Marathon plan.. Where X is the number of hours you want to complete in. Otherwise... The Garmin plans are quite good.

They will all be around 16 weeks

Where in the bible are these programs, Stretch?

I did my 3rd Sunrise Monster on Saturday, and again it was an awesome race. 32km is certainly the distance I enjoy the most! 

The plan was to do an easy 3h run and we finished a bit faster on 2h55. I ended up on 33km - I ran up the hills and the backed up to run with my wife again the last parts.

He was obviously talking about Bruce Fordyce, but I can't find those programs either...

It's one of those books that the original priests and monks decided not to include in the Bible. The one where Jesus runs across the desert in a record 2hrs and 13min

Good...I meant good!

Did anyone watch the indoor European champs this weekend. That young Norwegian Jakob ingerbritsen dominated the 3000m again and Scot Laura Muir was looking impressive in the 1500 and 3000

Did anyone watch the indoor European champs this weekend. That young Norwegian Jakob ingerbritsen dominated the 3000m again and Scot Laura Muir was looking impressive in the 1500 and 3000

Yup those 3 brothers spent the last 3 months in Dullstroom doing altitude training... the oldest brother who finished 3rd is a proper character

Yup those 3 brothers spent the last 3 months in Dullstroom doing altitude training... the oldest brother who finished 3rd is a proper character

Yup. He interviewed the Scot O Hare who came second. Was good banter

I use it for keeping an eye on my fitness and fatigue as well as post workout analysis.  As my training plans are generally for triathlons, it is good to be able to access TP instantly through their app for workout calendar and my chronic and acute stress levels when pushing the training blocks.

Most of my training plans are on TP, and occasionally I have manually added plans like the asics ones for running or some individual cycling and swimming plans when I wanted to be more specific in my training off season to improve on a particular discipline

If you do decide to take the plunge, there are many discount codes on the internet.  Try this one, it may still work 2019BC40GOLD, if it does you will get 40% off :)

Edited by shaper

So.. R4000+ for this monstrosity.

Well now there will be a number of runners struggling with the dilemma over which shoes to buy in that price range. Zero is a number, right?

post-63043-0-20349100-1551702450_thumb.jpeg

No contest. I might change my mind if someone runs a sub 2h02 in those Asics.

I don't know, those things look like a Nimbus with a prolapse. Not sure I could wear them under any conditions.

Hi Everyone

This may be far-fetched but I would like to ask the following. I have been injured with my ITB issues, started building again recently after some physio sessions, and completed just over 134km for the year so far with no qualifiers entered or completed and no Comrades entry. Should I try my luck with the time left and go for it?

I also have the month of Ramadhan in-between.

TIA

Edited by tjommies3

Hi Everyone

This may be far-fetched but I would like to ask the following. I have been injured with my ITB issues, started building again recently after some physio sessions, and completed just over 134km for the year so far with no qualifiers entered or completed and no Comrades entry. Should I try my luck with the time left and go for it?

I also have the month of Ramadhan in-between.

TIA

I'm not a doctor or a physio but I'd have to guess.....do the clever thing and postpone to 2020. No need to rush this year and possibly ruin yourself for months and months.

The races aren't going anywhere