NJ CRICHTON

Schalk Roestoff

Hi guys, police cases has been opened, the guys involved have his address so does the police, it's already been assigned to a investigator that is on the case, unfortunatly he is on the run, he scammed loads of people, from guys online, to his ex, his landlord you name it.

Everyone that got scammed wont see their money again.

I just hope he gets caught.

Props to the police for being efficient about it. Separate issue but I know someone who was scammed on Gumtree for a few grand and she reported it to the police and the detective on the case tracked him down and put him in jail, with a lot less info. than what seems to be evident here. Person received all the money back from the scammer's lawyer.

Often far too quick to recognise things that go wrong in SA and don't appreciate stuff like this!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just confirmed with the landlord that he is still at the address and guys are going during the night again to the house.

They have been a few times but he either isn't there or isn't opening up.

He was also seen walking his dogs earlier today :whistling:

So is tonight his swansong?

I have just confirmed with the landlord that he is still at the address and guys are going during the night again to the house.

They have been a few times but he either isn't there or isn't opening up.

He was also seen walking his dogs earlier today :whistling:

Damn I feel sorry for the dogs. Well I guess at least he has the decency to walk them, but otherwise he is a box. 

So lets say he is living alone, and got taken in last night or gets taken in. What happens to the pooches?

Damn I feel sorry for the dogs. Well I guess at least he has the decency to walk them, but otherwise he is a box. 

So lets say he is living alone, and got taken in last night or gets taken in. What happens to the pooches?

They go to doggie jail, bastards must've been in on everything!

Haha no just kidding. Hopefully his family will take them. Otherwise it's off to the spca I suppose?

Even the dogs don't belong to him, it's his ex's dogs that she is still struggling to get back, she had to send in reinforcements to get her vehicle back that he was also busy selling parts from.

Edited by Dominik

So did they not catch him last night? 

Damn this guy sounds like a major box! However, I've seen how drugs destroyed one of my best friends from school's life. I knew the guy from pre primary. Started stealing from work, got into major debt, etc.. Eventually went into rehab, finished it and got out. Then overdosed and killed himself.. 

Damn this guy sounds like a major box! However, I've seen how drugs destroyed one of my best friends from school's life. I knew the guy from pre primary. Started stealing from work, got into major debt, etc.. Eventually went into rehab, finished it and got out. Then overdosed and killed himself..

Sorry to hear that.

Guest notmyname

Addiction is a disease. https://www.ted.com/talks/johann_hari_everything_you_think_you_know_about_addiction_is_wrong?language=en

scam artist, he advertised a ribble bike with pics he copied from gumtree uk, told me to pay half the money and he would send the bike, but was not interested in meeting face to face. he is nothing more than a thief, but a very sophisticated one he even has a fake company website. im sorry to hear you guys got scammed, someone must know this piece of trash as there are pics of him taking part in certain races . from what i understand that is his real name.

i also enquired about the ribble and got the same story. Something didn't sit right with him and the deal so told backed off and left it.

A real pity some scum bags can f up what is a good community and generally a safe place to buy. Have bought a fair few bikes at a decent amount of money from all over . And never had an issue.

These ppl need to be weeded out .

Edited by Pikey

Guys, he IS my ex, he IS still at the house, he does still have MY dogs which I am trying to get away from him back to JHB (thanks for the concern). The landlord and I are working together on that.

Like Dominik said, I had to bring in the 'heavies' to get my car back. Pity I won't see all the money he owes me, and the things he stole from me. But I will write that all off knowing I never ever have to 'deal' with him again.

I went to the Walmer park police station to lay a charge of theft and they assign an investigating officer, so why aren't they doing anything about it ?

I'm a girl and I sorted this excuse for a human out, and I managed to do it from JHB ! SORT HIM OUT !  

Guys, he IS my ex, he IS still at the house, he does still have MY dogs which I am trying to get away from him back to JHB (thanks for the concern). The landlord and I are working together on that.

Like Dominik said, I had to bring in the 'heavies' to get my car back. Pity I won't see all the money he owes me, and the things he stole from me. But I will write that all off knowing I never ever have to 'deal' with him again.

I went to the Walmer park police station to lay a charge of theft and they assign an investigating officer, so why aren't they doing anything about it ?

I'm a girl and I sorted this excuse for a human out, and I managed to do it from JHB ! SORT HIM OUT !  

You rock. Glad he is out of your life.

Yeah cograts...good riddance. ..

Big words from a strong lady. Well done for taking a stand and following through. For taking charge and control of your life. It is quite something to speak out on a public forum like this. To quote Mark Twain "the two most important days in your life is the day you are born and the day you find out why".  Needless to say, you obviously deserve much much better. Best of luck to you and those you care for.

The disease of addiction: It has killed many beautiful people and created a lot of pain and hardship for those that were sucked into, and part of, their lives.

I also dealt with this person, sad to see (for all involved) what has transpired. One will have to face your consequences, that is just how things work.

this blokes MO seems very familiar to a chap who was pulling similar scams in Cape Town a little less than 10years ago