Dopers suck

fandacious

Dopers suck, unless they are our own or cycle with "flair", then they are cool and we must move on.

Seriously now, is it fair game for guys to keep on harping on about Impey if he had been cleared by the authorities?

There are plenty of actual guilty dopers to hate on, why not celebrate Daryl for his achievements instead of throwing up his name whenever doping comes up?

I'm all for crucifying Max Knox and friends, they won't get n hall pass from me because they are Saffers.

Edited by Swift&Aero

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously now, is it fair game for guys to keep on harping on about Impey if he had been cleared by the authorities?

There are plenty of actual guilty dopers to hate on, why not celebrate Daryl for his achievements instead of throwing up his name whenever doping comes up?

I'm all for crucifying Max Knox and friends, they won't get n hall pass from me because they are Saffers.

Do you believe he is / was 100% clean and it was just contamination?

Seriously yes. I celebrate his achievements.

That does not mean that his ridiculous story should be forgotten. Its his stupid story that gets brought up, not that he was busted. Maybe check the definition of "harping on", as that is not what is happening :)

Edited by Patchelicious

Whatever happened to that Cyclocross Girl who got caught with an e-Bike in her pit station?

Which somewhat tangentially reminds me - has the Transgender Woman World Champ thread been quietly deleted??

Seriously yes. I celebrate his achievements.

That does not mean that his ridiculous story should be forgotten. Its his stupid story that gets brought up, not that he was busted. Maybe check the definition of "harping on", as that is not what is happening :)

Apologies, "harping on" is perhaps not the correct English term used by this plaasjapie afrikaans outjie, forgive me.

It is just getting boring how regularly Impey gets mentioned when a doping violation comes up.

I think Cancellara is also sick and tired of being mentioned when Motor Doping is brought up. Why not rather mention Femke, who remains the only sanctioned Mechanical Doper to date.

In my experience, especially in a cycling/doping scenario, where there is smoke, there is fire.

Being found with a masking agent in your blood is dodgy, especially if said medication is old, outdated ant very rarely prescribed anymore.

Doping is a weird thing, because guys defended Kev Ev and Lance until they were ousted, they even counter sued people and sent Sadleir letters to people who Powpowed their goodnamesir!... Then eventually the house of cards collapsed and there were all sorts of various butthurt parties.

As the general public, my stance is to accept that there is definitely a likelihood he was being naughty, so will not defend his goodnamesir, as it could easily all come out later that he was indeed a naughty boy.

Until then I agree, celebrate his achievements but don't get sucked into the he did/didn't debates, as we don't know and it could all still go rearward.

But ja, Carmen, Rourke, Max, Kev Ev, Shan Wilson and the rest of the morons deserve the poop in face that goes with being a vile, cheating SOB, Saffa or not

In my experience, especially in a cycling/doping scenario, where there is smoke, there is fire.

Being found with a masking agent in your blood is dodgy, especially if said medication is old, outdated ant very rarely prescribed anymore.

Doping is a weird thing, because guys defended Kev Ev and Lance until they were ousted, they even counter sued people and sent Sadleir letters to people who Powpowed their goodnamesir!... Then eventually the house of cards collapsed and there were all sorts of various butthurt parties.

As the general public, my stance is to accept that there is definitely a likelihood he was being naughty, so will not defend his goodnamesir, as it could easily all come out later that he was indeed a naughty boy.

Until then I agree, celebrate his achievements but don't get sucked into the he did/didn't debates, as we don't know and it could all still go rearward.

But ja, Carmen, Rourke, Max, Kev Ev, Shan Wilson and the rest of the morons deserve the poop in face that goes with being a vile, cheating SOB, Saffa or not

Thank you, good + balanced thinking  :thumbup:

More pointed perhaps. Do you believe his story?

I have no counter evidence to not believe his story. If it is good enough for the Anti-Doping agencies then it is good enough for me. 

Again, there are enough actual dopers out there for me to spill my vitriol out against if I feel like it.

I have moved away from being a Black and White kind of guy during my school years to realizing that the world is one big Greyscale.

Don't get me wrong, if they do find him guilty in the future on that incident or any other incident I will throw him under the bus quicker than you can say Spanish Beef...

When is he back on the scene? 4 years of taking whetever he wants he could be a beast by now/

https://www.treadmtb.co.za/rourke-croeser-handed-four-year-ban/

The four-year period of ineligibility will run from November 23, 2015 to November 22, 2019.

If, as a male athlete, you want to say the drugs fround in your system came from someone's semen, then it's either that or soggy biscuit.

She did not say that it came from semen.

She said it can be transferred via kissing, saliva or sex.