fandacious

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I see the British Cycling doctor who received a stash of Testosterone patches at the Team Sky head office, but claimed it was delivered erroneously, is being tried before some medical tribunal in the UK.

He has now admitted that he DID order the patches, but they were not for any cyclist, but for one of the support staff.

Whilst the Mail is not the world's ultimate source of truth, it is not a bad recorder, and is here staying away from idle speculation but is reporting on the facts presented to the hearing by his lawyer and The Times is running an identical story behind their pay-wall.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-7625725/British-Cycling-doctor-Richard-Freeman-admit-telling-lot-lies.html

Edited by eddy

• 2 months later...

"In a news release, the ICF said it has "accepted Ms. Vincent Lapointe's evidence which supports that she was the victim of third-party contamination."

Vincent Lapointe told Radio-Canada recently that the trace amounts could have come from bodily fluids exchanged with her former boyfriend as Ligandrol can be transferred through saliva, sweat and semen."

So;

1) how long until someone bust in the men's peleton suddenly comes out of the closet as gay?

2) does this get around the no needles rule?

Edited by geomark

Fascinating.

Obviously in any overturning of an adverse finding the evidence must be very substantial to convince a panel to overturn the ruling. Well done to the legal team.

Very odd, none-the-less.

Fascinating.

Obviously in any overturning of an adverse finding the evidence must be very substantial to convince a panel to overturn the ruling. Well done to the legal team.

Very odd, none-the-less.

I have no doubt some awkward conversations were had.

"In a news release, the ICF said it has "accepted Ms. Vincent Lapointe's evidence which supports that she was the victim of third-party contamination."

Vincent Lapointe told Radio-Canada recently that the trace amounts could have come from bodily fluids exchanged with her former boyfriend as Ligandrol can be transferred through saliva, sweat and semen."

So;

1) how long until someone bust in the men's peleton suddenly comes out of the closet as gay?

2) does this get around the no needles rule?

Not sure what you mean with that ?

She may well be innocent... but this just opens up another loophole for dopers to slide on through

Counter contamination, kissing, 'other fluid swaps', inhaler explosions, racing pigeon pie... the opportunities for lawyers are endless  :w00t:

[sNIP]... still a better story than Daryl Impey  :ph34r:

[sNIP)

I am an unapologetic Impey fan, but I couldn't remember the exact circumstances around his alleged doping incident, so had to go look again.

He raced the SA TT in FEB 2014. Cycling SA informed him only in JUNE that he had an adverse finding.

What utter Bull%$#% from CSA?!

4 months!

He was the first south african to wear the Yellow Jersey at the TDF the year before and due to this finding he was forced to miss both the TDF and Vuelta that year. 

It makes it exponentially more difficult for a sports professional to retrace their steps the longer time passes from the event. So the fact that they could retrace the steps to that Durban pharmacy and they were able to find the necessary hard evidence in forms of till register receipts tells me the story checks out, no matter how far fetched it sounds.

People should probably be careful of insinuating an element of fraud in this case, as a registered medical professional is involved and there is only negative consequences for him with no benefit if he was to forge those receipts just to clear a sports person.

Calling someone who has been found guilty of doping a "doper" is probably fair game. But can we please move on from any professionals that have been cleared of any wrongdoing through the proper anti-doping structures. (Yes I know Lance never tested positive but different era etc.)

PS:

• " contaminated with Probenecid, which can be used as a masking agent and is not a performance-enhancing drug." 
  • " It is primarily used in treating gout and hyperuricemia." 
  • It is not like he used EPO or blood doped.

OK, I'm done :)