Dopers suck

fandacious

From Cycling SA's latest email:

"Cyclists serving a doping sentence would typically be banned from competing in any cycling races for the duration of their ban, whether sanctioned or not. Unfortunately, we have seen that at events that are not sanctioned, riders serving bans have been allowed to participate. Once investigated, offenders could receive an extension on their doping ban as stipulated by SAIDS (South African Institute for Drug-free Sport)"

https://www.cyclingsa.com/news-and-press/2018/10/11/race-sanctioning-keeping-cycling-clean-and-fair

Can they actually do that, surely there's a process that has to be followed. But I know where they are going, by just adding on a month he can't do the unsanctioned World funride champs.

Or he could and then they just add another month on again.

*UPDATE TO THIS POST DATED 8 NOVEMBER 2018

We have received correspondence from SAIDS with regards to Kevin Evans’ participation in cycling events prior to his ban being lifted and SAIDS has extended his ban by one month. Evans is banned from the sport until 27 March 2019.

here's the banned rider, riding his bike in a non CSA race as a team in racing baggies.

As you can see he has lost none of his bikehandling skills

exp-africa-3.jpg

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does CSA have jurisdiction over an event they have not sanctioned...

Maybe they picked up Gary's big stick and are seeing where it gets them. I suspect not very far.

Besides, Kevin retired. What good is extending his ban going to do. Keep him from finishing an official 7th in elite for 4 more years, for life, till his resurrection?

He's doing a fair bit of racing and is quite competitive for someone who has retired 

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not the right thread to post this but Lance bragging on Instagram about winning a 5 mile race

20af633987e79c5975ddb9f2b9f7e6c7.jpg

Would you look at that. First. Well, even Bradly Wiggens has respect for the man.

I know, it's only Monday  :whistling:

Why was this? Is it because shes banned for 2 years from all sports?

SAIDS has imposed a period of ineligibility of 2 years, commencing on 3 March 2018 until and including 2nd March 2020. Ms Buchacher is therefore suspended and prohibited from competing and administering in the sport of Cycling as well as in any other sport in South Africa and Internationally during this time.

"UTCT has always advocated fair play and a drug free sport, WADA and SAIDS are present and athletes need to be on call should a test be requested either before and/or after the event."

Surely those close to here need to tell her its game over...

• 1 month later...