Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

Bike Hub Features

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a mates e-bike for a spin yesterday - a Specialized jobby. It's not for me (yet) but I get it. I can't help feeling a bit like its cheating but at the same time I can see that it depends upon how you approach it. You can work just as hard on an e-bike (calories per hour) but at the same time you can also cover more ground and have more fun. The traditional bike sure isn't going to disappear but I see a lot of people taking to e-bikes in the future.

Weber = braai like a girl ;)

Depends on what you're using it for.

Weber = great for smoking ribs, pork shoulder, gammon, chicken, etc.

Braai (wood, open fire) = everything else

Edited by Grease_Monkey

Weber great for roasts - haven’t done more than three roasts indoors in the past ten years. Weber for everything roast related

Weber great for roasts - haven’t done more than three roasts indoors in the past ten years. Weber for everything roast related

what is the "weber" thing you talk of ?  :whistling:

THIS is how you prepare for a BRAAI  :thumbup:  -

post-110956-0-96492400-1546544574_thumb.jpg

From a trail background, being heavier and having the ability to zip uphill the potential damage and maintenance of trails is going to become an issue going forward with an increase in e-bike numbers. No surprise if trail systems start banning their use on trails.

Another thing, an E-biker passes you on the uphill during an event only to hang on the brakes on the next singletrack dragging a train of 20 riders without making way for anyone to pass. Eventually you get a gap on the next jeeptrack only to be passed by said rider on the next uphill to end up, once again in a train on the next singletrack.

E-bikes allow a less skilled / fit rider to get in a position where they end up bottlenecking and spoiling an entire ride for a lot of people when said rider should not be in that part of the field in the first place.

Its a problem and its going to get worse.