Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

Bike Hub Features

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0EZX0WCy1LQ

That's not an argument for or against ebikes.

I'm all for them (except in races), but I HATE how the EMBN channel speaks of normal bikes as "old" bikes and e-bikes as "modern" bikes. The other day they compared a Levo to a 80' Stumpjumper. Horse sh@t man, they are two completely different things, and the quicker it's marketed as something else alltogether the quicker the hate for them will stop.

An ebike is as close to a mtb as it is to a MX bike.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

PPFFTTTTTT........The savage rides like a newbie with training wheels ....

'cos this....

A certain genie, rippin with the Savage crew on a TM ride and Levo demo day. If you've ridden with em, you know how difficult it is to keep up with em, especially with those hills. 

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

The fun I've had with this bike has been off the charts!!

attachicon.gifIMG_8498.JPG

The handling of this bike was amazing.. and then there was the speed on flats and climbs (when I rode alone)..INSANE!!!!

attachicon.gifIMG_9878.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_8494.JPG

I had the bike set up as follows

Eco: 3-5% of max...I used this and OFF a lot. Kind of made up for the weight a bit and gave me a great extra workout when off.

Trail:-30% of max

and Turbo:- 100% obviously :D

attachicon.gifIMG_8884.JPG

My average HR riding this bike was always 80% of max and above... I flippen rode it! I'm 44. my 80% starts at around 141bpm

attachicon.gifIMG_1460.jpg

People who think I'm lazy/don't like me/are jealous for riding an Ebike... :clap:  :lol: .. cool... I don't care.

My bike

My time

and my FUN!!

I never "pushed" anyone out the way on the trails (I upset a few roadies on the road on my way out the Cradle back to work a couple times :lol: .. never intentionally, but the chirps showered me many times.... just their egos and bitterness getting the better of them )

Always courteous on the trails, just like when on my "normal" bike.

I just did things FASTER!

Well this bike now has a new owner, a very lucky new owner as it was immaculate!

Onto newer things..

attachicon.gifIMG_1096.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1110.jpg

Working 7 days a week 

a business that trades from 6:30am till 7pm

closed 3 days a year

I grab my rides when I can

This, allows me to fit more in..

BUT if I worked "normal" hours.... I'd still ride it  :thumbup:

attachicon.gifIMG_1106.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1452.JPG

Ebikes DO belong on the mountain.

if people want to chirp me..  :P , go mad :thumbup: ... "sticks and stones........."

You don't like it... don't ride it. simple.

IM with you this ...

If I had the money I would buy one and smile all the way up to Armageddon ... and back again .. and again .... and again ...and again

But I don't have the money... so until then ill have to go old school...

@hairy ... don't be a hater .... try one first .... if it makes you smile then I doth see anything wrong with it

IM with you this ...

If I had the money I would buy one and smile all the way up to Armageddon ... and back again .. and again .... and again ...and again

@hairy ... don't be a hater .... try one first .... if it makes you smile then I doth see anything wrong with it

Nah ... more fun throwing stones from my glass house. 

IM with you this ...

dont confuse a good gat-crap with them facts ....

Probably 5 years until my first ebike .... I guess thats when I will need it to keep up with Martiz ... till then I can pretend to hate ebikes .....  BRILLIANT engineering !!

PS - still confused by the hubby riding the ebike while the wife had to grind away on an "old school" bike .....

Ok, just had a look at my strava ... Im no starva die hard but the only place I'm faster on the Ebike is on the climbs and who cares about those anyways, (I don't throw up after my meals to get up the hill faster)

On the downhills and technical single track I'm faster on my enduro bike. Once you get to the that 25km speed limit its like peddling through sticky mud, where a normal bike can just sail over that speed on a downhill section.

My only disappointment is I have to give the bike back as its not mine.

Still want one

Ok, just had a look at my strava ... Im no starva die hard but the only place I'm faster on the Ebike is on the climbs and who cares about those anyways, (I don't throw up after my meals to get up the hill faster)

On the downhills and technical single track I'm faster on my enduro bike. Once you get to the that 25km speed limit its like peddling through sticky mud, where a normal bike can just sail over that speed on a downhill section.

My only disappointment is I have to give the bike back as its not mine.

Still want one

Dont care to be faster on the Up, faster on the Down with enduro bike.

Hmmm interesting

'cos this....

A certain genie, rippin with the Savage crew on a TM ride and Levo demo day. If you've ridden with em, you know how difficult it is to keep up with em, especially with those hills. 

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rippin

when youre just clicking on all cylinders and everything is going right for you and youre just on a role, you cannot be stopped. or when youre just completely trashing someone in a sport or game

hhmmm, i dont know if one can all it that when using an ebike :)

That Ebomination looks way better than the normal Stumpy for some reason... must be the battery.

I've added that to my personal dictionary - thank you  :clap:  :clap: