Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

Bike Hub Features

There is a petroleum station at most corners these days, so easy to get fuel. I prefer 97 Octane.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lapierre should market their e-bike in SA.

You can remove the battery, install a SWAT-type container and use the bike as a 'regular' bike.

Lapierre-eZesty-AM-LTD-Ulitmate-Test-Rev

Sho, dunno if I can deal with the scorn of riding an e-bike without actually having the assistance. It's like telling your wife you cheated on her without having done it!

so my folks did this ebike tour the other day up the weskus

not exactly ebikes, these things have throttles so it's more like an electric moped.

HOWEVER my pops is sold on the experience, he wants to get a pedal assist bike. At 76 i think he's earned it, but even he thinks the okes at the gym are going to mock him for being soft.

Lapierre should market their e-bike in SA. 

You can remove the battery, install a SWAT-type container and use the bike as a 'regular' bike. 

i love it when people don't take themselves too seriously..a baguette!

• 2 weeks later...

That feeling  when you discover that a guy with a big black eBike is claiming top tens on your local tracks able bodied Strava leader boards on said eBike and you hit the flag button on Strava. True story.

(Unlike other people who always save their eBike rides as exactly that and only compete with other eBike riders)

Should I have flagged this guy's rides or just let him carry on wallowing in his glory or blissful ignorance , as the case may be? 

That feeling  when you discover that a guy with a big black eBike is claiming top tens on your local tracks able bodied Strava leader boards on said eBike and you hit the flag button on Strava. True story.

(Unlike other people who always save their eBike rides as exactly that and only compete with other eBike riders)

Should I have flagged this guy's rides or just let him carry on wallowing in his glory or blissful ignorance , as the case may be? 

flag him!!!

edit:oh crap i just realised i said i wouldn't comment on here anymore..oh well.

Edited by juan pelota

flag him!!!

edit:oh crap i just realised i said i wouldn't comment on here anymore..oh well.

Indulge in a bit of self-flagellation :w00t:

• 2 weeks later...