Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

Bike Hub Features

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe this is still going... :-)

The answer has not changed to the question.

It is still - NO  :ph34r:

Have fun out on the trail all you cyclists (you know who you are :whistling: ) over the coming holidays!  It is and will always be a privilege... :clap:

So have the Specialized Levo in the garage (Bought it for my wife of course :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling: )

Its going to be ridden for the first time this weekend in Dullstroom.

But i have to say these things are just mentally good fun. I have yet to see a guy come back from a ride without a huge silly grin on his face from when he goes up the first hill and the motor kicks in.

I can see what this is all about and why they are so popular.

Haters are gonna hate. EBikes are the future

So have the Specialized Levo in the garage (Bought it for my wife of course :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: )

But i have to say these things are just mentally good fun. I have yet to see a guy come back from a ride without a huge silly grin on his face from when he goes up the first hill and the motor kicks in.

Nothing new. I’ve loved riding motorbikes since I was a kid, just not on bicycle trails. Enjoy the scrambler.

So have the Specialized Levo in the garage (Bought it for my wife of course :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling: )

Obviously I cant agree with you ..... not until I have saved up for one ....

I am just amazed every time I see this thread pop-up.  Has there been ANY other thread which has kicked a dead horse to such an extent as this one? 

Like it or not in future there will be more of the ebikes in the mountains and races, and who knows some day in the future the majority of the riders in the big races might be on e-bikes with the manual pedal riders get stuck in "vintage" races like the Eroica races 

People had silly grins on their faces before Ebominations and still do when they return form real bike rides. Sorry. 

I keep seeing these humming beasts out on the trail. Latest guy was riding through Kirstenbosch on a Spaz Kenevo. I like that bike - its like my Enduro only much heavier.

never knew they made bikes heavier than your Enduro!

I keep seeing these humming beasts out on the trail. Latest guy was riding through Kirstenbosch on a Spaz Kenevo. I like that bike - its like my Enduro only much heavier.

I am just amazed every time I see this thread pop-up.  Has there been ANY other thread which has kicked a dead horse to such an extent as this one? 

Like it or not in future there will be more of the ebikes in the mountains and races, and who knows some day in the future the majority of the riders in the big races might be on e-bikes with the manual pedal riders get stuck in "vintage" races like the Eroica races 

but you cant re-charge the dead horse for the next ride ....

Well... If we want to or not E-bikes are here to stay. I am waiting on the next generation before I pull the trigger on one. I am not selling any of my others but considering cycling is supposed to be fun I truly believe every bike has its place. On a day out with a group on trails it will be great. On days where you want to do long steady pace climbing then there is another bike for the job.

I think a lot of people lose focus when a ebike comes zipping past them at 80km on 947 (especially me this year) and I admit if he was close enough i would have thrown him with my Rocky. But at the end of the day you need to be content with what you are doing and if ebike works for you then great

I'm deff getting one in 2019 when the next generation comes out as a n+1

Edited by MTB-More

Well... If we want to or not E-bikes are here to stay. I am waiting on the next generation before I pull the trigger on one. I am not selling any of my others but considering cycling is supposed to be fun I truly believe every bike has its place. On a day out with a group on trails it will be great. On days where you want to do long steady pace climbing then there is another bike for the job.

I think a lot of people lose focus when a ebike comes zipping past them at 80km on 947 (especially me this year) and I admit if he was close enough i would have thrown him with my Rocky. But at the end of the day you need to be content with what you are doing and if ebike works for you then great

I'm deff getting one in 2019 when the next generation comes out as a n+1

Rather hold out for 2021 when the Gen 3.2 version with mind control and VR helmet visors come out...