Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

Bike Hub Features

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sometimes ride with Woesrand from Silvestar on Saturday mornings. Last Saturday there where 3 levo e-bikes in our group...............they rode alone up frontĀ 

I sometimes ride with Woesrand from Silvestar on Saturday mornings. Last Saturday there where 3 levo e-bikes in our group...............they rode alone up front

Hmmm... The state of things on this thread means I don't know whether to be angry with them for being elitist, or for you not taking things up above 30kph and putting them firmly in their place. Confusing times... Sigh

Word on the trails is that some eMoped riders have been trying to ride their motos up down only DH tracks at Tokai. Needless to say this could cause serious ***. Why not try this kind of thing on a sand dune up the west coast rather?Ā 

Word on the trails is that some eMoped riders have been trying to ride their motos up down only DH tracks at Tokai. Needless to say this could cause serious ***. Why not try this kind of thing on a sand dune up the west coast rather?

There is no way this could possibly be true. Consensus on this thread is that eBaaiks will only ever be bought by cost-conscious, bearded downhillers who will never endanger the trails and never by the kind of muppet who has more rands than sense, and thinks rules don't apply.

Weber?

Anything less than a fire started by Flint and Carbon Steel is apparently frowned upon. Rumor has it that hubbers are dumping their blitz and gas fire starters to try and up their man-card points as well as their carbon footprints by making giant bon-fires with flint and steel and only starting the actual braaiing of meat well after midnight.

Ā 

Disclaimer: I have one of these gas starter jobbies in my camp box. Hoekom sukkel as daar n beter manier is?!

404f1e6c3683d7018c62bc8ff4ccf095.jpg

Anything less than a fire started by Flint and Carbon Steel is apparently frowned upon. Rumor has it that hubbers are dumping their blitz and gas fire starters to try and up their man-card points as well as their carbon footprints by making giant bon-fires with flint and steel and only starting the actual braaiing of meat well after midnight.

Ā 

Disclaimer: I have one of these gas starter jobbies in my camp box. Hoekom sukkel as daar n beter manier is?!

Haven't you heard? The new manly thing to do on the hub is to braai a cauliflower or bringel. Real men don't eat meat anymore. ;)

Haven't you heard? The new manly thing to do on the hub is to braai a cauliflower or bringel. Real men don't eat meat anymore. ;)

Whaaat???

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Don't be soft man. Leave the oil of ole at home and start your fire like a real man ......with two sticks.

Anything more is a cop out and an admission that you wear G-string panties

burning fossil fuels to start your braai not coolĀ 

Ā 

A sharp axe to make kindling and one match is all you need :P

Ā 

Ā 

This is literally the bazillionth time everyone has heard those exact arguments.Ā 

Ā 

Talk about feeding a fed horse.Ā 

Ā 

The other side is also true ... someone who is rather skilled at downhill but has to sit behind roadie MTB wannabe's on the downhill singletrack cause they all past his fat ass on the climb up .....Ā 

The other side is also true ... someone who is rather skilled at downhill but has to sit behind roadie MTB wannabe's on the downhill singletrack cause they all past his fat ass on the climb up .....

Simple solution - get fitter. The wannabe mtb roadie got there on his own merit, you wanna be in front of him on the single track, get your fat ass not fat, and get there before him (coming from a fatty who always sits behind a mtb roadie on the single track coz they passed me on the uphills).

Simple solution - get fitter. The wannabe mtb roadie got there on his own merit, you wanna be in front of him on the single track, get your fat ass not fat, and get there before him (coming from a fatty who always sits behind a mtb roadie on the single track coz they passed me on the uphills).

easier to get a Ebike to get to the singletrack first and have clear run