Brand loyalty - what would make you change?

nox1111

Everyone has their brands - the Spez guys will rock the red S with pride, Giant guys dig value and quality, arguments range from smaller guys like Pyga are hands-on, or supporting local, and bigger guys have more money for R&D etc etc etc.

That being said - why do you love your brand, what makes them loyalty worthy, and what would a different brand have to do to win you over, be it small or big; better warranties, price, design changes, technology, brand interaction, more available information, demo days, better grips spec'd whatever?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have zero brand loyalty, and try to go through life open minded. In fact, for me fanboys is the epitome of retardation.

But, there are certain brands I'll probably never consider buying, be it their looks, reputation,etc. 

I probably won't buy a Spez again, even though the service was good so far.

I have zero brand loyalty, and try to go through life open minded. In fact, for me fanboys is the epitome of retardation.

But, there are certain brands I'll probably never consider buying, be it their looks, reputation,etc. 

I probably won't buy a Spez again, even though the service was good so far.

I would have to agree with not buying a brand, vs buying a brand - I would much rather not support a brand based on a previous experience, or reputation.

What would make you consider a new brand for example?

Edited by nox1111

i like giant because;

1. my LBS can get me stock quick quick (the other brand LBS's in town ain't so great when it comes to service)

2. price

edit: and I like riding away from the expensive bike owner types who think a top $$$ bike automatically gives them skill and fitness

Edited by fanievb

For Spez owners to switch to Giants, one would assume that they would need to lose their jobs first. :P

I own both a 2015 Tarmac and a 2016 TCR advanced and love both, cannot part with either. Unless someone is willing to offer me an original F10 for both  :whistling:

For Spez owners to switch to Giants, one would assume that they would need to lose their jobs first. :P

Ya, they blabbed at work that they rode a Spez and that got them fired... or everyone started hating them and they left... once bitten hey?  :w00t:

price trumps all loyalty...

I used to be a very "non-Merida" kind of guy.  Not because I knew anything about Merida or that I had a poor experience, the brand just didn't seem appealing to me on any level.

AND THEN

I walked into a shop with a Merida Scultura Disc with full ultegra components for R10 grand less than any equivalent even with 105 components...  So I could get a full carbon road bike with the latest brake and wheel technology with enough cash to spare for a powermeter...

Needless to say I'm the proud owner of a Merida now and if I'd have to make that choice again I'd do it 1000 times over without blinking