[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

I'm afraid so - he was my friend. We lost a good one today.

man that must be so hard.

Condolences to you and the family.

The man was doing something for the love of cycling, probably not getting compensated for his time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Selling my Fizik as soon as I manage to get it out my arse!!

Ha ha haaaaaaaaa

Edited by Boerklong

Selling my Fizik as soon as I manage to get it out my arse!!

No, please don't sell it, drive a wooden stake through its heart to kill it, the bloodsucking monster!

One of the reasons to listen to their instructions and thank them if safe to do so. They giving up their day for our enjoyment.

I always have time to shout a thank you and give them a smile.

On another note... Gaze wins the 1st leg of the UCI MTB World Cup yesterday ahead of last year's undefeated Nino Schurter, then comes and claims 2nd spot today in the Cycle Tour behind Hoffman... That oke is a monster!!!

Edited by FootballingCyclist

Condolences to the families and friends of the two cyclists and Marshall, tragic news on what was otherwise a great event :(. Thank you to all the volunteers and supporters, it was my first CTCT and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Saw the guy on M3 and Smitswinkel.

It wasn't nice... It was horrible.

You have all this "invincible" power and right next to you a medic is trying to pump life in to a fellow cyclist.

Condolences to the two fallen riders and one marshall. Went past the crash on M3 and saw medics doing CPR.

A few raves:

The new start location is excellent! No more criss crossing trying to enter one's shute.

I got my tenth medal - whoplaa!

Rants

Can't think of any!

A few raves:

The new start location is excellent! No more criss crossing trying to enter one's shute.

+1

The start location seemed better in all respects.

Heard one or two comments about the narrowing of the road,but really a non-issue in my opinion.

Edited by Thomo

Who instructs where the marshalls must stand. We shot around a lady with a flag and a cameraman hiding behind her going down towards noordhoek shopping centre. Cyclists going past her on both sides. Was complete madness where she was standing, we were all going at least 50km/h. Didn't see any marshalls on llundundo descent was to busy sucking wheel

Marshalls use there discretion where to stand. But you generally have a team per point so others would look out for you.

Rotary clubs get a donation for marshaling. No individual gets paid. Money is then used for good causes.

+1

The start location seemed better in all respects.

Heard one or two comments about the narrowing of the road,but really a non-issue in my opinion.

Not sure how it went for the earlier batches, but our batch had to stop and unclip there where the road narrowed, but assume it is one of those things we will just have to accept as there is no other way onto the freeway from the start, will just in future try to be closer to the front of my batch

Wow, over a 1000 sub 3's. Weather must have been perfect.

Worst weather in years... Worse than last year!! Lol...

Perfect conditons.. Not raving hot and only wind I encountered was Misty Cliffs and then again on the stretch towards Chappies and then on Suikerbossie when the one in front of me poeped... The Cape Dr played her part this year after last year's breeze...