[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

Now this is a grand idea.

We can do Hoogekraal, R60.00 buys you access to trails on three farms. BARGAIN !!

Hoogekraal het gees.

Rode there on Sunday. I reckon this is the and contermans kloof are theyflagship trails for Durbanville,

Edited by PhilipV

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoogekraal het gees.

Rose hoofbeserings Sunday. I reckon this is the and contermans kloof are theyflagship trails for Durbanville,

The Argust is so over-hyped and has reached its sell-by date now. Get away from the traffic and hording and take your mtb out into the country side instead, and bask in the joy and wisdom of Mr X.

I also entered for my wife now. Is the lottery consept now not in operation anymore?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I also entered for my wife now. Is the lottery consept now not in operation anymore?

Methinks there wasn't enough entries to warrant a lottery system.

It was announced before entries opened that it would be first come first serve this year.

The Argust is so over-hyped and has reached its sell-by date now. Get away from the traffic and hording and take your mtb out into the country side instead, and bask in the joy and wisdom of Mr X.

Having motor vehicle free roads for a bike ride around one of the most beautiful places on Mother Earth is something I will never tire of. The people also make it - fellow cyclists and all those who make a day of it on the sides of the roads.

Weather permitting that is :)

The positive energy generated by this post will inspire me to work for an Argus PR. Thank you [emoji4]

No thanks. I would rather put myself in the hurt attempting another sub 3 Argus.

But I reckon there will be a lot more people that disagree with you than agree.

No thanks. I would rather put myself in the hurt attempting another sub 3 Argus.

But I reckon there will be a lot more people that disagree with you than agree.

Agreed...I would pay R540 ANY day to be able to ride around the Peninsula, without any vehicles and with people on bikes that share the same love for Cycling as I do...MTB or Road bikes...whatever happens next year on race day, we will be there to enjoy the break from the daily hustle and bustle and also the beauty Cape Town has to offer  :clap:

I see entries are (quietly?) STILL open... 

On that topic - I noticed yesterday that entries for 2 high profile mtb races, the Attakwas and Tankwa Trek are also still open - both events that sold out within weeks just a year or 2 ago.

Would be naive to think this year's cancellation didn't play a big role but I think there is a larger trend of less people entering races.

On that topic - I noticed yesterday that entries for 2 high profile mtb races, the Attakwas and Tankwa Trek are also still open - both events that sold out within weeks just a year or 2 ago.

Would be naive to think this year's cancellation didn't play a big role but I think there is a larger trend of less people entering races.

Presume general state of economy doesn't help things. Some people just can't justify the luxury anymore

Presume general state of economy doesn't help things. Some people just can't justify the luxury anymore

In chatting to coffee guys at the bike shop, it would seem that there are now so many races rides across that country that the supply has started to move beyond the demand. When you start factoring in that many guys can ride alot of track for free that is used (with the exception of a km or 5), then it does become expensive to enter races.

I suspect there will either be great improvements to the overall ride experience of some events, and others will fall by the way side.

I agree, it may be a bit of what happened last year, but think in general there is less and less people that is willing to pay for the costs involved (including the travelling costs).