[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

I clicked on a thread about the 2018 CTCT and instead read pages of inane rambling about everything but the 2018 CTCT.  Is it possible to get back on topic? Perhaps start different threads to discuss other stuff?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I clicked on a thread about the 2018 CTCT and instead read pages of inane rambling about everything but the 2018 CTCT. Is it possible to get back on topic? Perhaps start different threads to discuss other stuff?

That seems to be a trend lately...

Pitty

I clicked on a thread about the 2018 CTCT and instead read pages of inane rambling about everything but the 2018 CTCT.  Is it possible to get back on topic? Perhaps start different threads to discuss other stuff?

That seems to be a trend lately...

Pitty

Duly noted.

But on a thread like this, there does tend to be some latitude. However, having read through the last few pages it is general banter with no real harm being done.

Yeah was happy when it sort of returned more about the excitement of the race and preparartion. Maybe should have thrown in the fact that I think the MTB entries have also opened. Or has that already been shared?

Yep. Just far more interesting than March 2018 weather predictions :-)

March weather predictions are going to mean squat if the weather doesn't bring rain over the next 6 months. No water = No CTCT 

To be fair, race is still 5 months away. Loads of time to get back on topic.

And off it again, and back on it again, and inevitably back off it again. . .

Personally have preferred the general banter the last few days to the whining about protests that may/may not happen. . . And the rampant speculation about what the organisers are doing. . .

.................Maybe should have thrown in the fact that I think the MTB entries have also opened. Or has that already been shared?

How were the routes and the congestion of the MTB races the past year or 3? I have missed it the last few years because I found it a bit boring and overcrowded. Should I change my mind? Anyone?

it will not get canned due to the water crisis.

Agreed. The water use of the tour is absolutely NOTHING in the bigger picture. It is small enough that it could be brought in by tanker if necessary. A non-issue. Hotels and guest houses will also have plans in place. You may have to forego the jacuzzi and shower or take a bath in a basin, but I cannot foresee it getting cancelled because of the drought.

How were the routes and the congestion of the MTB races the past year or 3? I have missed it the last few years because I found it a bit boring and overcrowded. Should I change my mind? Anyone?

Being more in the middle I did not have that much congestion last year, but do hope they do not take a page out of the Burger MTB challenge, where the solution to riders complaining about bottlenecks were to cut back on the ST.

Being more in the middle I did not have that much congestion last year, but do hope they do not take a page out of the Burger MTB challenge, where the solution to riders complaining about bottlenecks were to cut back on the ST.

They did that one year and I decided not again. However all in all a very lekker experience.

Entered. Might just do it twice seeing as I already paid to do that.

Pity to see the MTB events downsizing to a single day event. I quite enjoyed doing both days of the MTB event and ending up with 4 CTCT results. 

Entered. Might just do it twice seeing as I already paid to do that.

Pity to see the MTB events downsizing to a single day event. I quite enjoyed doing both days of the MTB event and ending up with 4 CTCT results.

Agree with you fully, really enjoyed doing the shorter route with the family on Sat and the longer route on the Sun. Also noted they changed the routes and seems there is one less, with now only a 20/40/60 routes available.  

But what I have read there is more single track included...

“The Cape Town Cycle Tour MTB Challenge 60km route is a proper test with extended single-track runs and big climbs,” says Bellairs. “We have increased the distance from last year’s 55km to make sure that this medal is one that is well-deserved.”

At Muratie Estate, the 60km riders will veer off to take on the trails at Quoin Rock, Knorhoek and Delheim Estates before heading back to Uitkyk where they will rejoin the 40km route to the finish.

Edited by LeoKnight