Yet another tragic loss

Cotic

Probably unbeknown to most.

At Berge en Dale this morning a seasoned vet cyclist Nino Oppel was tragically knocked down from where he parked his car to make his way to the start line.

He succumbed to his injuries at about 11.

He placed 5th last year at SA time trial champs in his age group.

The perpetrator just left the scene.

He leaves behind a wife and two daughters age 4 and 7.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP

I don't understand.. He was knocked down while riding from gig car to the scene and driver drove away. There must have been hundreds of witnesses.

Tragic indeed!!

Also confused about the circumstances.

RIP

Terrible news, I just read about it on my FB page...police are looking for witnesses...

These hit and run drivers need a mandatory 5-7yr sentence before being prosecuted for the rest.....

NOTICE: Police are requesting that anyone who had witnessed the accident at 05:30 on Hendrik Potgieter next to Cradlestone where a 41 year old cyclist was tragically killed please come forward. Kindly contact warrant officer Smit on 082 561 5179. Anyone with further information can also send us an inbox message

Edited by Mojoman

Terrible news, I just read about it on my FB page...police are looking for witnesses...

These hit and run drivers need a mandatory 5-7yr sentence before being prosecuted for the rest.....

NOTICE: Police are requesting that anyone who had witnessed the accident at 05:30 on Hendrik Potgieter next to Cradlestone where a 41 year old cyclist was tragically killed please come forward. Kindly contact warrant officer Smit on 082 561 5179. Anyone with further information can also send us an inbox message

Another "still drunk from last night" asshole?

Aside from riders and organizers, I doubt there were many other people on the roads at that time on a Saturday morning.