Is selling on the classifieds becoming more difficult?

M L

South African Economic Times   

384 members have voted

1. 1. Are you finding it increasingly difficult to sell things on the classifieds?

• I sell things quickly and easily - it seems people have money
    • I sell things fairly quickly
    • I find it rather difficult to sell things - I struggle to sell and get low ball offers

wow as usual this thread deteriorated from the state of the economy to name calling and four letter insults directed at other hubbers and general whining about how unfair life is cause i cant ditactate what other people want to charge for/do with  their property .................................ag didums and shame man :(  :( 

get over yourselves and go ride your bike ;) 

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CASH?!

what else were you going to accept: instalment, IOU, my mother's recipe for Ratatouille?

I think he meant physical notes, and the outstanding balance by other mechanism, like EFT on the spot to supplement to notes in hand.

So guys think they can entice you by flashing physical notes, and make you drop your price at the sight of money, more so than just dropping R1000 in your account and ask if that is OK?

Really simple. 

I think he meant physical notes, and the outstanding balance by other mechanism, like EFT on the spot to supplement to notes in hand.

So guys think they can entice you by flashing physical notes, and make you drop your price at the sight of money, more so than just dropping R1000 in your account and ask if that is OK?

Really simple. 

Thankyou.

A man with a brain  :thumbup:

Sorry for posting here, will post in the correct thread in a moment...

One of these Quasis's is @BAZA. Yesterday a hubber advertised a pair of Oakleys for X Zars. Today, at a markup, is that very same pair(I did my research, this is a fact) is for sale again!

Link to the new AD: https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/307409-oakley-jawbreakers/

Link to the Quasi: https://www.bikehub.co.za/user/88384-baza/

I suspect a lot of bargains have been shnaaid from genuine hubbers this way.

Things like this shouldn't be part of Bikehub.

This been happening for a while, his not the only Hubber there's quiet a few of them

I buy and sell a lot on Bikehub. For me it easy quick and fun, else I would not do it. I avoid gumtree olx etc. Hubbers are friendly folk and honest, never had an issue.

I do bargain a bit and to me it is part of the fun. Not too much. That is when I am buying. And most guys are open to that. When selling I am ok with that too and sell items that are great quality for a great price so someone else may benefit from it and enjoy this sport of mountain biking.

Having said that, recently it has been more difficult to sell in this economy. I have 2 items for sale currently (a pair of fat silicone grips and a new chain tamer device) and they are just sitting there at bargain prices. Maybe no one needs thick silicone grips or a chain tamer device though  :blink:

The wealthy ones buy new and hoard or donate the old.

The middle-class ones is feeling the pinch with today’s world economics and moves the mouse and desires.

The worker bee surfs the ads and hopes and seldom gets lucky with a super cool deal.

One of these Quasis's is @BAZA. Yesterday a hubber advertised a pair of Oakleys for X Zars. Today, at a markup, is that very same pair(I did my research, this is a fact) is for sale again!

Link to the new AD: https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/307409-oakley-jawbreakers/

Link to the Quasi: https://www.bikehub.co.za/user/88384-baza/

:lol:

What to you mean by "I suspect a lot of bargains have been shnaaid from geniune hubbers this way."?

Edited by M L

wow as usual this thread deteriorated from the state of the economy to name calling and four letter insults directed at other hubbers and general whining about how unfair life is cause i cant ditactate what other people want to charge for/do with  their property .................................ag didums and shame man :(  :( 

get over yourselves and go ride your bike ;) 

This

Something slightly off topic. If you see someone not being truthful of his product. Is it alright to call him out? Buyers do have a right to know, but you also don't want to trash someones ad when he might just be innocently ignorant.

I try not to comment as I generally give the benefit of the doubt.

But when somebody advertises a road bike as a 2015 model and it has a quill headset (which was discontinued in the late 90s), I have to chip in.

Guest @BAZA

Link to the new AD: https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/307409-oakley-jawbreakers/

Link to the Quasi: https://www.bikehub.co.za/user/88384-baza/

Well excuse me Kalahari are we now naming and shaming?

How much research did you do ? Did you contact every one of my 26 positive ratings have you asked admin for a list of my sales and the many items i have given away for free on the hub

so i buy something one day Seller wanted mmm what did you say R1100 and sell it the next day for mm what was my price R1100 Huge Profit i am making millions 

Well excuse me Kalahari are we now naming and shaming?

How much research did you do ? Did you contact every one of my 26 positive ratings have you asked admin for a list of my sales and the many items i have given away for free on the hub

so i buy something one day Seller wanted mmm what did you say R1100 and sell it the next day for mm what was my price R1100 Huge Profit i am making millions

If you have nothing to be shamed of, you shouldn’t be worried about being named. Edited by Patchelicious

I always seem to think that I get a bargain when buying things and never really manage to get that much back when selling.

I usually advertise with a higher price than I actually want to make room for negotiation, but still get low offers. I recently sold a Garmin GPS watch it took a couple of weeks for me to sell it. I could have sold it sooner had I dropped the price more, but didn't want to lose too much on it as I bought it 2nd hand and only used it a few times.

Guest @BAZA

If you have nothing to be shamed of, you shouldn’t be worried about being named.

It's the tone and way it is said