All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that proved or just pitch fork speculation? As far as I can remember there has been no charge laid by WADA or the UCI in this respect but don't let that spoil a good myth.

As per report accepted by the Brittish parliment, if I remember correctly.

Was that proved or just pitch fork speculation? As far as I can remember there has been no charge laid by WADA or the UCI in this respect but don't let that spoil a good myth. 

As per report accepted by the Brittish parliment, if I remember correctly.

And Dr Richard Freeman is appearing before a Medical Tribunal...which means there is a prima facie case to answer for, hardly pitch fork speculation.

it's 2020 now, how are we doing with VISION 2020?

win the TdF with an african rider.....Maincheese is 500/1

help Cav become most winningest TdF rider...well he has moved on, if EBH leads him out would that count?

Deliver 100 000 bikes to kids.... ACHIEVED oct 2019

https://qhubeka.org/news/100-000th-qhubeka-bicycle-2/

Maybe they will not achieve what they set out , and Amanuel will probably be able to get a better result than LM in the Tour , but at least they had the guts to put it out there.

I think we must guard not to feel happy when others fail, as these days this is what a lot of media do.

The Australian ITT was won by Durbridge yesterday, What did the headlines say? " Dennis beaten to second place" , o mention of the Winners name.

In me NTT has a lifelong supporter, In RIIS they have a guy with a lot of World tour experience on and off the bike, so I am hoping that they improve on last years results.

Unfortunately we do not have that many African riders that can make it , J JVR indicated last year he was tired of getting his head kicked in , so maybe although TDD got Saffa in the Tou it was maybe a bit too much for some of them.

Me I will be hoping that if Impey do not do the Treble in the Tour Down under , that Gibbons will be the one to do it.

Watch out for Amanuel G though in the next year or so to creep closer to that podium step.

Have a look at the attached report on doping in Danish cycling. The part relevant to Riis starts at the end of page 6. The only reason why he wasn't formally charged is that the statute of limitations had passed. 

Two of the doctors on the CSC team are on the NTT team. 

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/csc-team-doctors-respond-to-jaksche/  That was from 2007, so clearly they were lying when you read these extracts from the Danish report. 

"This assessment is built on the fact that Bo Hamburger's statement about this is confirmed by Jörg Jaksche who has first-hand knowledge about the request. •

A comprehensive misuse of cortisone without medical justification took place on Team CSC.

A number of named and unnamed riders and sports directors have informed the investigation group about a widespread misuse of cortisone against the rules in cycling generally and concretely on Team CSC.

Michael Rasmussen, Tyler Hamilton, Jörg Jaksche, and Alex Pedersen have all informed the investigation group that riders were provided with cortisone by the team without medical justification. •

In his capacity as team owner and leading sports director, Bjarne Riis had knowledge that other riders on the team in addition to Tyler Hamilton used doping.

This assessment is based on the fact that three other riders in addition to Hamilton - Bo Hamburger, Michael Rasmussen and Jörg Jaksche - have stated that Riis knew about their use of doping. "

Riis may have world tour experience, but I wonder if it is the kind of experience that NTT needs... 

Report on Doping in Danish Cycling 1998-2015 - Summary.pdf

I never did understand people supporting them just because they are SA registered..oh well each to their own I suppose

But they are def better off with Riis as DS.

Just reading up on Velo about this made me remember how much I did not like this guy.Creepy oke.Got stuffall to do with his drug record.Something about him gives me the heebie jeebies.

Regardless of what Riis has or hasn't done and what anyone thinks of him overall, I will say that he will bring a big missing piece of the puzzle to the Team. His history of being a good manager, tactically good on the road and someone who really connects with riders as unit is commonly known and seen. That is a big benefit to any team, riders and staff. Does that come over with him now? Who knows but Riis is good at what he does in managing a team and riders. 

I never did understand people supporting them just because they are SA registered..oh well each to their own I suppose

Agreed! It is a business at the end of the day. Let’s be honest, the African riders currently on the team (for the most) are passengers anyway

Well I support them as Although not all people like Doug , I can remember when he won 4 day Tour in Western Cape(Can not remember the name) There was controversy on the last day as one of the Europeans was pushed just before the line to pip Doug which gained him bonus seconds and took the Yellow from Doug, But was later disqualified.

Have always been a fan of RJVR so when they started the journey I went with it.

As for other sportsteams I will be a loyal fan , through their evolution. Was never a a fan of the German' s that was brought in after 2013 but stuck with the team.

I am hoping for a few big results.

Sceptical if it will come from the Japanese champion but lets see.

Same way I will support Willie Smit no matter which teams he ride on. He must just get across to europe and get his "PERS KERS' kit  now.

Thread heading is DIMENSION DATA BETTER START WINNING SOON!!

They made a good change of manager which is a big step in the winning direction, you can’t beat real 1st hand experience in these roles. It’s up to the entire management and team structure to ensure they do so within the rules.

Remember, you can take the horse to water but you can’t force it to drink....

Good luck team NTT

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but this looks like step 2 in Doug Ryder's 5 step exit strategy.

If that does happen, and Africa's team gets registered in Europe, and the roster is generic, not sure if I will still follow it?

Regardless of what Riis has or hasn't done and what anyone thinks of him overall, I will say that he will bring a big missing piece of the puzzle to the Team. His history of being a good manager, tactically good on the road and someone who really connects with riders as unit is commonly known and seen. That is a big benefit to any team, riders and staff. Does that come over with him now? Who knows but Riis is good at what he does in managing a team and riders. 

Fully agree here John ,

I have just finished reading Jens Voigt's book and he speaks very highly of Riis as a team owner and DS . Certainly he has a way of extracting the best out of his riders . Clean or not ???? Time will tell .

• 2 weeks later...

Thread heading is DIMENSION DATA BETTER START WINNING SOON!!

They made a good change of manager which is a big step in the winning direction, you can’t beat real 1st hand experience in these roles. It’s up to the entire management and team structure to ensure they do so within the rules.

Remember, you can take the horse to water but you can’t force it to drink....

Good luck team NTT

And it is snowing in upington

• 2 weeks later...

I Hope to See RJVR beat Cav in the sprint today.

Just ending up ahead of him will be good , Winning the sprint will be brilliant.

Looks Like NTT doing a few more smaller races this year to maybe get confidence and points up before the bigger races.

Lets hope all goes well in the next few days.