All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they stopped having a team then Im sure they would still stay on as the technical partner for the TdF.

I was more leaning towards Qhubeka leaving the team in favour of some other sport code. But that was just talk, maybe they will stick with the team for another year and see if things turn around before moving on.

Dimension Data/NTT are continuing the status quo wrt their WT team and TDF partnership. They have the under 23 World Champion Jersey in their roster along with the World Hour record holder, so let's see what they do with the cards in their hands next year.

So Bahrain has dumped Rohan. Rohan likes BMC's, like alot. Who has BMC currently as a sponsor?  :whistling:

Seems logical, but two issues, they have already signed Campenaerts for that role and Dennis seems like hard work for management. Sure he guarantees you some stage wins and days in the leaders jersey at the start of races - but he's fussy in a sport which is predominantly about a team.

Are BMC staying with NTT?, thought I saw somewhere that they were moving on.

Would be nice to see Valgren turn his late season form into a win. Lombardia would be great.

Edited by tubed

So Bahrain has dumped Rohan. Rohan likes BMC's, like alot. Who has BMC currently as a sponsor?  :whistling:

I wonder just how slow those Merida's must be!! No wonder nobody has won a TT on them..

Seems logical, but two issues, they have already signed Campenaerts for that role and Dennis seems like hard work for management. Sure he guarantees you some stage wins and days in the leaders jersey at the start of races - but he's fussy in a sport which is predominantly about a team.

Would be nice to see Valgren turn his late season form into a win. Lombardia would be great.

There was an interview with Valgren and he seemed bemused as to what had happened this year but was very excited to be coming into form finally. Not sure Lombardia is the right race to give him a big chance but will be good for him to get a decent result and take into the off season. 

100% DDD/NTT fanboi - local is lekker

but really testing my patience.

They have abandoned the developing african rider plan.

and whenever they sign someone good, they seem to go backwards

and whenever someone leaves they seem to go forwards

the signings this year do seem to be shrewd, all in mid twenties, so maybe there will be some gems.

but ja, check this on their page. just opening up a caption contest meme here

post-1830-0-70292200-1569833766_thumb.png

Would personally take Rohan over Campenaerts any day 

He gets results not media 

Not to sure the team is strong enough to support a rider like Rohan in his goals

Not sure BMC is there next year but I may be wrong on that.

Would personally take Rohan over Campenaerts any day 

He gets results not media 

Not to sure the team is strong enough to support a rider like Rohan in his goals

Not sure BMC is there next year but I may be wrong on that.

Dennis = certain results + plenty media. NTT could do with both!

Interesting that Dennis pretty much trained without a trade team since the TDF, although it seems he has very good idea of what he needs to win.

Some nice insights on cyclingtips into his prep, but nothing speaks louder than the pic of him celebrating like a roads stage as he crosses the line, with his 3 minute man being none other than Roglic.

Absolute domination.

So much new talent and horse power around at the moment I can't even compare this crop to the bore of team domination we saw over the last few decades and in that I include the women's road race.

Valgren without the DDT PR people around:

"I saw on the screen that he'd won, and I was, like, '**** – that was incredible,'" said Valgren. "Mads is ******* fast actually.

"It was so cold – one of the worst days on my bike," he continued of the conditions the riders had to endure. "I had a really **** day in the beginning, to be honest. After 120km, before we got to the circuits, I stopped to take a dump, actually, but then punctured when I was on my way back.

"I was, like, '**** – can I get paced to come back with the new UCI rules, whatever they are?'"

Valgren without the DDT PR people around:

"I saw on the screen that he'd won, and I was, like, '**** – that was incredible,'" said Valgren. "Mads is ******* fast actually.

"It was so cold – one of the worst days on my bike," he continued of the conditions the riders had to endure. "I had a really **** day in the beginning, to be honest. After 120km, before we got to the circuits, I stopped to take a dump, actually, but then punctured when I was on my way back.

"I was, like, '**** – can I get paced to come back with the new UCI rules, whatever they are?'"

Haha! Love it when guys can be themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see Maincheese just outside a top 10 at Gran Piemonte with an 11th place. TDD rider, Gebregzabhier, came in 17th. The race was taken out by Bernal and Sosa going 1 / 2 for for Ineos.

Good work going into the Lombardia weekend. Hope he's riding on Saturday and takes some confidence into the race from his recent rides. 

Nice to see Maincheese just outside a top 10 at Gran Piemonte with an 11th place. TDD rider, Gebregzabhier, came in 17th. The race was taken out by Bernal and Sosa going 1 / 2 for for Ineos.

Good work going into the Lombardia weekend. Hope he's riding on Saturday and takes some confidence into the race from his recent rides.

It was a good result for Meintjies. Hope this is the start of good things to come for him. Some good riders lined up for this race. In the end Bernal was dominant. What a talent Edited by Jaco-fiets

Awesome showing by Maincheese! Not much depth after 15th place but still a good result.

Time for a productive off season and onwards to 2020!

I'm sick of being frustrated by DD's brass performance by gold athletes 2019. Hopefully the name change will bring some new attitude. The first 90% of 2019 DD were invisible. There was some camera time towards the end of the season...hopefully that will continue in 2020!

https://lifeinthepeloton.com/category/podcast/

Interesting chat with Nathan Haas which covers some of his time at TDD and having Cav' in the team. 

What a suprise Cav' isn't the biggest tool that everyone wants to think he is. Guess we'll hav etc find someone else to bash (or set up a B-M thread to take up those duties) come the start of the season down under. 

As one commentator wrote recently about him:

"You don't become the greatest sprinter in Tour de France history by being complicated, difficult or a pain to work with. You reach the top level by taking what talent you have and maximising every part of that and fitting into a team structure. Basically, if they don't like you, then you'll last five minutes and be another statistic."

What a suprise Cav' isn't the biggest tool that everyone wants to think he is. Guess we'll hav etc find someone else to bash (or set up a B-M thread to take up those duties) come the start of the season down under. 

As one commentator wrote recently about him:

"You don't become the greatest sprinter in Tour de France history by being complicated, difficult or a pain to work with. You reach the top level by taking what talent you have and maximising every part of that and fitting into a team structure. Basically, if they don't like you, then you'll last five minutes and be another statistic."

Me personally have been a Cav fan for many years, he was my sons hero.

But I just thought he should have realised that he is not at peak and not tell the world that you are on form when you have not reached the finish line with the bunch for three months.

But he will always remain one of the best if not the best sprinter in the modern era.