[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

it depends on who decides to ride in the racing categories. their names get stripped out of the Seeded groups seeding run so it can influence whether the 1A cut off is 14.00 or 15.00 or 16.00

Fewer people in racing categories then your seeding index needs to lower for 1A for example.

More people in racing cat and it goes the opposite way

thats how I understand it

Thanks

Was hoping to get an idea of indexes along the 3ish starting groups... My aspirations are more modest - hoping to start before 8am this year!  :whistling:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks

Was hoping to get an idea of indexes along the 3ish starting groups... My aspirations are more modest - hoping to start before 8am this year!  :whistling:

PPA H seeding is about 2a - 2d (wild guess)

you can also try : Take you seeding index, say 30 .. take the 30% 'th seeded start group and will give you indication as well.   ..  so 30% of 50 seeded groups..  so 15th start group -> 1M->2A

We spot checked this on , and give you about 5 start group range

this could also be complete hogwash

Edited by Karman de Lange

It's disingenuous to advertise specific races as official seeding events (99er being one) but you get penalized if event older than 5 months come the following year.

It's obvious they use current events.

Just be upfront about it.

Unfair to cyclists and unfair to the event itself (lots of costs & hoops to jump through to become an official event)

Yep, they should at least communicate it clearly

PPA H seeding is about 2a - 2d (wild guess)

you can also try : Take you seeding index, say 30 .. take the 30% 'th seeded start group and will give you indication as well.   ..  so 30% of 50 seeded groups..  so 15th start group -> 1M->2A

We spot checked this on , and give you about 5 start group range

this could also be complete hogwash

If your theory holds, I'll be very happy with my start time (but perhaps way out of my depth!)

O well, still way more scientifically accurate than any weather prediction at this time!  

So, the Paarl race this weekend is said to be a seeding event for 2020 CTCT which would make it over a year old by the time they do seeding for 2020 CTCT. What's the chances that they'll use it for seeding this year's CTCT? (same question goes 99er and Tour de PPA). If they don't, with the penalty it'll be completely useless as a seeding race for most people.

i recon they will use all races done before the seeding comes out... if not official seeding race it will get a 5 Penalty like this past wkends Sportif #1

So, the Paarl race this weekend is said to be a seeding event for 2020 CTCT which would make it over a year old by the time they do seeding for 2020 CTCT. What's the chances that they'll use it for seeding this year's CTCT? (same question goes 99er and Tour de PPA). If they don't, with the penalty it'll be completely useless as a seeding race for most people.

I've often thought the same thing.  They punt these races like the 99er that they are official seeding races for the Cape Town Cycle Tour.  But the penalty will be like -10 by then, so it really doesn't help much, if at all.

I've often thought the same thing.  They punt these races like the 99er that they are official seeding races for the Cape Town Cycle Tour.  But the penalty will be like -10 by then, so it really doesn't help much, if at all.

I guess it is not that much of an issue if you are aiming for a 9h00 start instead of 10h00

But yeah, useless if you are in the lower indexes

I don't think those seeding indexes are final as its the mechanism from last year which has just continued to work off the automated systems in place.

They're still going to jimmy rig the whole thing with the bonus seeding for some riders and will likely waive/reduce the penalties on some of the other older rides depending on their official seeding classification.

for you maybe. that herculean trip of your was epic. the rest of us mere mortals have to contend with a few hours of riding here and there.

Well if I have to gauge all the people on this Thread commenting about seeding instead of getting out on the Bike and just riding. Leaves one to wonder.

I'm doing the Argus with my son on a tandem this year. He is 10 years old and doesn't have a seeding. My PPA seeding is A. Does anyone know how they will seed us? Hope we don't start right at the back.